Where will be the best viz in North Central TX/OK this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
It's my bro's B-day this weekend and he wants to dive. We would normally go to the CCSP or Athens, but I understand they are really murky right now. Where within 2 hours of DFW would the best viz be found this weekend/time of year? Thanks in advance.

Jarrett:
It's my bro's B-day this weekend and he wants to dive. We would normally go to the CCSP or Athens, but I understand they are really murky right now. Where within 2 hours of DFW would the best viz be found this weekend/time of year? Thanks in advance.

It is a bit further south,,,,but your brother is probably worth it,,,,,,only 2 hours from DFW....Cozumel!

texdiveguy:
It is a bit further south,,,,but your brother is probably worth it,,,,,,only 2 hours from DFW....Cozumel!

:D Smart-Alec! That was a great one...

Jarrett, Alan is right... or you might try Broken Bow, not sure how far it is from DFW, but it's probably not too bad. I haven't been to CSSP in a few weeks, maybe it'll start clearing up again soon, as the weather cools off some. It was great last spring! We had 30-45 ft vis.

Foo

Broken Bow had 10-15 foot vis last week. Thermocline was 60 degrees at 40 feet.

Thanks for the reply and all the info on the phone today. I really appreciate it. I will swing by the store on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom