Where was your first OW dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another first dive at Millbrook Quarry in Warrenton, VA. I still get a laugh at my picture with the horse neck floation vest and the beaver tail. If anyone at Sea Ventures is reading this board, thanks for starting my diving hobby.

A quarry in Bainbridege, PA. This very chilly experience (water temps in mid 50s) was followed up by my scuba diving honeymoon in Saint Lucia in the West Indies. 85+ degree water and over 100ft visibility...great diving! Gonna go back in a couple of years for our 10th Anniversary. :sappy:

My virgin dive was in Cancun, followed by two days in Cozumel!!!

a good way to get hooked, eh?

- PolsVoice

Seal Rock in Santa Cruz.......1962

Chankanab, Cozumel 1992 when it really looked awesome.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

Natasha:
In a few weeks I'm taking my teens back to the site I did my very first OW dive.
Mine was in Cozumel @ the plane.

I'm sure it will a great dive for them too.

So, where was yours? Have you ever brought anyone back to it, to share your memory?

The South reef outside the harbor, Port Vila, Republic of Vanuatu. I haven't dived there since but did dive at Hideaway Island 42 times, also Moso Island several more. Brilliant diving, wonderful people, fantastic scenery.

We lived there for a year and hope to go back some time.

My open water checkout dives were done a couple of weeks ago in the Comal River in New Braunfels, TX. Then, last week, my first dive after cert was Cozumel, followed by a couple of dives in Roatan the following day. Needless to say, I can think of little else! I gotta get back there, QUICK. I need it. NOW.
Foo

Redondo Beach, CA. The water was murky and cold, and the romance gave way to stress. I had not banked on this. I was not even sure if I wanted to keep this up. Then the next week, the class went to Catalina...and I knew I was in the right sport.

Milford Haven area (west wales), cold and murky with current... was learning with a uni club, made me decide to go out to the red sea to do my ow instead!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom