Where was everyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Where was everyone on Sunday? TexDiveGuy and I did two dives at CSSP. Where were y'all?

What can I say? Clear Springs is Clear Springs. We did two dives. The first dive was to the pair of 54 ft. 'deep' silos. For the second dive we just did a swim over to the plane. Browsed around it for a few minutes, proceeded to the south of the plane for a distance before we turned the dive and headed back to the dock.

Viz was somewhere between 15' and 20'. Quite impressive for Clear Springs. Water temp ranged from 54F to 59F. There seemed to be a thermocline somewhere around 15 ft or so; although I didn't specifically note it's presence. Just observing the temperature difference on the dive computer. 'DiveGuy and I were both pleased with the dives.

I did manage to break a fin strap and I cracked the plastic lens on my dive computer. Stupid, heavy air tank!

It was a great time....very relaxing with the pond fairly free of the crowd.....chilly water does that. The surface had a bit of a mild chop from the warm south winds. Quite a few fish in the upper water column and serveral turtles spotted. Great way to spend a late fall Sunday. :)

Diverjed and I were in Lake Mead. A nothing dive in 53deg water with limited vis because of the storm that came thrue last night, but we did get wet.

We rode in the Big Texas Toy Run from Dallas to Arlington Convention Center then rode over to the Gaylord Texan to see their decorated Christmas lobby and atrium. Beautiful day for a motorcycle ride. Logged 92 miles. LOL. My swimming pool will see my drysuit this week to get ready for the ice dive.

I think I was stuffing fudge in my mouth as fast as I could go. It's kinda hard to remember... but I'm pretty sure that's what I was doing. :wink:

I'm currently in SoCal and went diving in Santa Cruz island, Wreck Alley and gods rock in SD:D

Back
Top Bottom