Where tostay and who to dive with in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babaloo

New
Reaction score
My wife and I are contemplating a trip to Cozumel. We like our dive trips to have at least 3 dives a day. After that we enjoy peace and quiet without a lot of hassles. We like all-inclusives, and don't do much at night but watch TV. Our lodging requirements are that the rooms be clean and that's about it. Nothing fancy. We're also cheap. Anybody have any ideas on a quiet hotel with lots of diving and not much else?

Divers resort. Room, meal,& diving package (does not include trans, tips, or drinks). Very clean rooms, well maintained, fridge, but no TV or phone. On site dive op - big boats but small groups in water - very professional. Only 2 am boat dives daily. Occasional optional night dives. Reasonably good shore dives. Meals are good and arranged around diving schedules. Located about one block south of PLG - about 1 mile walk to town. Great hammocks.

All-inclusives and close to dive sites..Check out Allegro Resort and Reef Club. If you want something smaller more low key try Scuba club Galapago (semi inclusive with meals no drinks).
-J

While the Hacienda is a lovely property, I think they only include breakfast.
Here is a list of the all inclusives in Cozumel. Fiesta Americana,
Paradisus, El Cozumeleno Beach Resort, Allegro, Iberostar, Reef Club Isla, Sol Caribe, and Costa Club.
Have you decided yet?
I'll always vote for www.diveparadise.com for a dive operator

We just went through the same decision process and ended up with the Iberostar (because it had a real beach), BUT I did see this deal at Costa Club online. I'd work with Natasha, who's on this thread. She set up my package and can steer you towards good dive operators. She's not affiliated with the deal below, but she has access to the same sort of deals and is better to work with.

Costa Club Cozumel
8 days / 7 nights hotel
5 two-tank morning boat dives
4 free single-tank afternoon boat dives
all gov't taxes

INCLUDES ALL MEALS + UNLIMTED BAR SPECIAL $749*

Scott:
Thanks for the kind words. I wish all my clients could be as easy as you!

:gorgeous:

We stayed at the Costa Club last year. It sounds like it matches good with what you are looking for - nothing fancy, but clean and cheap! It also has a great pool! I have heard that its one of the best in Cozumel. We got a package through www.bayadventures.com that included 5 days of 3 tank diving with Dive Paradise.

Costa Club also has an all-inclusive plan that I would recommend. Their breakfast buffet is very good, but it got a little pricey without the AI plan.

Have fun!

Hey Guys hope i am not stepping on toes here, But My Girlfriend and I had some really Bad experience's with Dive Paradise .
We were on a small group trip (4 of us) and were supposed to have a package deal for 3 dives a day on a fast Boat , which turned out to be 2 dives a day on a fast boat and the 3rd on a cattle boat which we prepaid and Dive Paradise refused to reimburse us for , The DM on the Boat let the guy that was supposed to be my buddy ( My Girlfriend was not feeling up to the Dive) Do what ever he wanted , I dont need a baby sitter but when the DM says max depth 100 feet and my buddy does a bounce dive to 200 , I think he should be Kicked of the boat !
Anyway I have been back since and Dove with Del Mar Aquatics Had a great time , the DM's were great the Boats were nice and we didn't have any trouble.

I don't know what city/state you're departing from - but we recently booked with usairwaysvacations.com - going over Memorial Day vacation (1 week). For $859 per person: we got airfare from Detroit, staying at the Presidente Intercontinental and round-trip transfers. They have several other hotels to choose from - the Fiesta Americana was $150 less per person. The Presidente has shore diving -- no, it's nothing like Bonaire, but it will do. Also, Scuba Du is rated very highly by Rodales Scuba Diving readers. We will probably dive with them for 3 days (that way shore diving is included) and try Living Underwater for 2 days. LU has gotten great reviews on Rodales Scuba Diving web site. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom