Where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there is NO quarantine requirement in the Kingdom.
But three bloody wks of quarantine in a dedicated hotel when I return from Thailand!!!! Paying around C$1,800.00 for a small single room with 3 meals included. C$325.00 for a month is bargain basement rate.
Early bird gets the worms.

Best diving season in the West coast. Koh Lanta.
Go for it and have a blast.

But three bloody wks of quarantine in a dedicated hotel when I return from Thailand!!!! Paying around C$1,800.00 for a small single room with 3 meals included. C$325.00 for a month is bargain basement rate.
So... just don't come back until the quarantine requirement is lifted! 😜 Don't you love problems that come with built-in solutions? :rofl3:

So... just don't come back until the quarantine requirement is lifted! 😜 Don't you love problems that come with built-in solutions? :rofl3:
The longest vacation that I had ever taken is just over 2 months when travelling around S. America.
I have been to the Kingdom many many times and if NOT for the diving there isn't any places(except the southern provinces) interested me. And I have also been to all her neighbouring countries so your suggestion does not appeal to me.
"Until the quarantine requirement is lifted"? It is out of our own hands because carrie lam and her cronies had threw the jurisdiction away. We had only one local case recently, first time in over 50 days but all the restrictions are still enforced. PATHETIC and SAD.
However, if the quarantine is lifted then our island will be infected with the chinese yet again. Time to get away !!!!
china is insisted on ZERO domestic case so an occasional out break of few cases will keep them away. NOT a bad price to pay.
Some of my buddies are refusing to be vaccinated because the issue has became an political one!!!!!
"Catch 22"
Nothing is perfect.

Thank you for the suggestion. Good luck to your house hunting and enjoy the trip.

Step 1: Vaccinate everyone
Step 2: Open the borders to every foreigner from every country, no testing required
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Declare independence!
1. NO country has accomplished this not even Israel.
2. The decision is NOT in our hand.
4. There is pla stationed in HK!

Any workable suggestion?

Spread enough covid-19 to make them flee in fear?
Soldier is "expendable" and readily replaceable.
They stayed inside the barracks most of the time.
I am pretty sure they are NOT allowed to go out individually. Always in a small group, easily identified by their appearances(dresses) and hair cut. No young HongKongers with any self respect would dress or have hair cut like them!! Dead give away. Peasants!

Hey so I was also looking for some comparative information between diving Krabi and Phuket.
We are adding a few days of diving after some land adventure in Cambodia and can do a transfer flight through Bangkok to either Krabi or Phuket. This is planned now for end November timeframe.

We did Phuket diving many years back pre-pandemic as beginners and remember it being very nice viz and lots of cool things to see. We were thinking of trying Krabi this time to try something new. Some places even suggest we might end up at some of the same sites regardless of which we choose as a starting point.

Can anyone provide some comparative information regarding diving in Krabi .vs. Phuket?
Any good sites to recommend? With just 2-3 days we want to be selective :wink:
Any good shops to recommend?

Thanks in advance ..

avoid Koh Tao at all costs. seriously.

Back
Top Bottom