Question Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Andrea1

Andrea1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23?
After our LOB in Raja Ampat 6.-13. March, I plan to fly with Lion Air from Sorong to Manado and dive a couple of days in Lembeh Straight. We think about diving 2-3 days there, just to have an impression of the location and the muck diving and to relax after the LOB. If you have current experiences and/or recomandations about a dive resort, I would be very thankful. We need a pool and A/C, no luxury. Avoiding to many steps to the sea level would be great. And: Is it better to stay on the small island or on the land side? And: How about conditions in March - anything special to reconsider? Thanks in advance, Andrea from Vienna

I'm going to contact NAD. Sounds great. I hope they still have open space for my trip.
Coming from Sorong, I have to check the flights - Lion Air seems to be the only direct connection to Manado. The Web Side looks decent, easy way to buy tickets and put additional luggage on. Question to the Forum: is it better, to open a new thread to discuss any informations about Lion Air and the flight from Sorong to Manado, or do you just add questions on an existing thread like this one? I'm new to the forum and not yet accustomed to the habits...

I'm going to contact NAD. Sounds great. I hope they still have open space for my trip.
Coming from Sorong, I have to check the flights - Lion Air seems to be the only direct connection to Manado. The Web Side looks decent, easy way to buy tickets and put additional luggage on. Question to the Forum: is it better, to open a new thread to discuss any informations about Lion Air and the flight from Sorong to Manado, or do you just add questions on an existing thread like this one? I'm new to the forum and not yet accustomed to the habits...

Should be OK to ask here. One used to be able to get a flight from Sorong to Manado via Makassar.

People have commented here in the past about staying at an airport hotel in Makassar. I have never done that myself but have had many hours spent at the airport waiting for an onward flight. Pre-covid, it was a comfortable airport with good Wi-Fi to be found at the coffee shop.

By the way, I have really enjoyed Black Sand Resort myself but the stairs are serious. NAD is probably the better way to go for you.

The years of the pandemic can change a resort, sometimes things that will not be obvious on the web sites. And it's nice to hear some personal opinion, thats why i'm thankful for every information!
Black Sand and NAD has been mentioned and how many are there in the area?
Bastianos, Cocotinos, Lembeh Resort and White Sands all have AC and pool but did not get a mention!
We all have our favourite and highly unlikely to have first hand experiences on every single one available.

Black Sand and NAD has been mentioned and how many are there in the area?
Bastianos, Cocotinos, Lembeh Resort and White Sands all have AC and pool but did not get a mention!
We all have our favourite and highly unlikely to have first hand experiences on every single one available.

Yes, we do have our favourites, at least within our personal experience which is more than likely not all of them.

However, if you re read the OP, you'll note a specific request for no stairs or minimal stairs.

That's why Black Sands doesn't meet the requested criteria and NAD does.

Yes, we do have our favourites, at least within our personal experience which is more than likely not all of them.

However, if you re read the OP, you'll note a specific request for no stairs or minimal stairs.

That's why Black Sands doesn't meet the requested criteria and NAD does.
I have read the requirement but Black Sand was still suggested!!!!!
There are several that met the requirement but were not mentioned.

Well....definitely not our Divers Lodge Lembeh. No pool and and some stairs.
What about White Sands Beach Resort? All bungalows and the nice restaurant directly at the beach. Or maybe Dive into Lembeh? Although, I am not sure what the post pandemic conditions of the resorts are.

Should be OK to ask here. One used to be able to get a flight from Sorong to Manado via Makassar.

People have commented here in the past about staying at an airport hotel in Makassar. I have never done that myself but have had many hours spent at the airport waiting for an onward flight. Pre-covid, it was a comfortable airport with good Wi-Fi to be found at the coffee shop.

By the way, I have really enjoyed Black Sand Resort myself but the stairs are serious. NAD is probably the better way to go for you.

Just stayed at the IBIS Budget airport hotel in Makassar last night. Very small room but perfect to spend a10 hour overnight layover in. The only complaint is that if you are on the airport side you get to hear every flight announcement don’t know how it would be on the street side. I was tired enough that it did not matter.

@Darnold9999: May I ask why you have first choice NAD over Black Sands?

I was not a fan of the stairs and preferred the guides. Black Sands is a more resort feel while NAD caters to the more hard core diver/photographer. I have been to three resorts in Lembeh and had a great time at all three. Would go back to any of them, just prefer NAD, but it is a marginal preference. Not sure I would go to any of them and not dive however. If I were not diving I think I would choose Black Sands of the three I have been to. On the mainland(yes there is a road) and so more non diving options and as I said a more resort feel. Still not much to do but dive however.

Just stayed at the IBIS Budget airport hotel in Makassar last night. Very small room but perfect to spend a10 hour overnight layover in. The only complaint is that if you are on the airport side you get to hear every flight announcement don’t know how it would be on the street side. I was tired enough that it did not matter.

You're fortunate. I'm never that tired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom