Question Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Andrea1

Andrea1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23?
After our LOB in Raja Ampat 6.-13. March, I plan to fly with Lion Air from Sorong to Manado and dive a couple of days in Lembeh Straight. We think about diving 2-3 days there, just to have an impression of the location and the muck diving and to relax after the LOB. If you have current experiences and/or recomandations about a dive resort, I would be very thankful. We need a pool and A/C, no luxury. Avoiding to many steps to the sea level would be great. And: Is it better to stay on the small island or on the land side? And: How about conditions in March - anything special to reconsider? Thanks in advance, Andrea from Vienna

I loved Black Sand Dive Retreat, luxury at excellent prices.I have been twice in February, supposedly the end of the rainy season, but had perfect conditions. March should be at least as good.

I loved Black Sand Dive Retreat, luxury at excellent prices.I have been twice in February, supposedly the end of the rainy season, but had perfect conditions. March should be at least as good.
Thanks, I will check out this one!

Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23?
After our LOB in Raja Ampat 6.-13. March, I plan to fly with Lion Air from Sorong to Manado and dive a couple of days in Lembeh Straight. We think about diving 2-3 days there, just to have an impression of the location and the muck diving and to relax after the LOB. If you have current experiences and/or recomandations about a dive resort, I would be very thankful. We need a pool and A/C, no luxury. Avoiding to many steps to the sea level would be great. And: Is it better to stay on the small island or on the land side? And: How about conditions in March - anything special to reconsider? Thanks in advance, Andrea from Vienna
Hands down, NAD Lembeh would be my vote. Spent 3 weeks there.

I stayed in a standard room, which requires no steps.

Water temperature in Lembeh Strait varies by only a few degrees throughout the year. From October to March it lingers around 28-29 degrees Celsius (82-84 F). Then in April, May, June and September it drops slightly to 26-27 degrees Celsius (79-81F)

Also, NAD has a floating dock which makes everything simple!

Loved Black Sands but lots of steps to the beach. My first choice would also be NAD but I don’t recall them having a pool.

Thank you all for your Informations!! According to their HP NAD has a small pool now. And they seem to be directly on the beach, not so steep...looks good. On the other hand, we have quite a long trip to do, coming from Sorong, so I thought staying on Sulavesi and avoiding the additional trip to the island would be quite convenient. @Darnold9999: May I ask why you have first choice NAD over Black Sands?
And a more general question to the forum: Coming from a LOB with quite a lot of diving, I'm not sure if a divepackage is the right thing, sometimes ears will hurt etc., and maybe we want to dive just one time per day, and then have some choices with dinner etc., but in Lembeh there don't seem to be many choices. So anyway a package with diving and food seems to be the best thing to take?

There are only a finite number of resorts in Lembeh. And we all have our favourite.
I believe every resort has its own respective web site to check on the fine detail.

There are only a finite number of resorts in Lembeh. And we all have our favourite.
I believe every resort has its own respective web site to check on the fine detail.
The years of the pandemic can change a resort, sometimes things that will not be obvious on the web sites. And it's nice to hear some personal opinion, thats why i'm thankful for every information!

The trip to the dive resorts from Bitung (the small harbor town) is all of ten or fifteen minutes. It really isn't inconvenient. To be honest, I am not sure if the resorts not on Lembeh Island are even accessible by car, but really don't see how that would matter. They are all self-contained, and choices for dinner etc... are not really part of the equation as there isn't anywhere else to go.

NAD is awesome. The owners do a great job of creating a welcoming, fun atmosphere. I think it is safe to say they cater to more serious divers/travelers. They are hardly luxury, but they "get it." Its a great vibe, and Ioved my trips there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom