Question Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Andrea1

Andrea1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where to stay in Lembeh in March 23?
After our LOB in Raja Ampat 6.-13. March, I plan to fly with Lion Air from Sorong to Manado and dive a couple of days in Lembeh Straight. We think about diving 2-3 days there, just to have an impression of the location and the muck diving and to relax after the LOB. If you have current experiences and/or recomandations about a dive resort, I would be very thankful. We need a pool and A/C, no luxury. Avoiding to many steps to the sea level would be great. And: Is it better to stay on the small island or on the land side? And: How about conditions in March - anything special to reconsider? Thanks in advance, Andrea from Vienna

Should be OK to ask here. One used to be able to get a flight from Sorong to Manado via Makassar.

People have commented here in the past about staying at an airport hotel in Makassar. I have never done that myself but have had many hours spent at the airport waiting for an onward flight. Pre-covid, it was a comfortable airport with good Wi-Fi to be found at the coffee shop.

By the way, I have really enjoyed Black Sand Resort myself but the stairs are serious. NAD is probably the better way to go for you.
Thanks to all of you for the informations! In March 23 there seems to be a direct flight with Lion Air from Sorong to Manado too.
To go back home to Vienna, we have to fly over Jacarta, with a 10h Stop daytime - or via Singapore (Better Timing but more expensive).

Thanks to all of you for the informations! In March 23 there seems to be a direct flight with Lion Air from Sorong to Manado too.
To go back home to Vienna, we have to fly over Jacarta, with a 10h Stop daytime - or via Singapore (Better Timing but more expensive).

US$50.00(Agoda).

I spent 5 days at Black Sands Dive Retreat last month. Absolutely loved it, can't wait to go back.

Personally I don't think the stairs were excessive but maybe that's just me. The food is superb at Black Sands, every meal was really tasty.

Enjoy Lembeh it's a special place to dive. I had never done muck diving before and now I'm hooked.

I'll through in my half bar worth.

I've stayed at Lembeh Resort three times, absolutely love it.
Last April I stayed at NAD as my dive buddy was owed some credit there due to a cancelled trip during Covid lockdowns.

It is difficult to compare the two as NAD was just opening up after the Covid lockdown and was only giving a basic service, but Lembeh Resort was fantastic the three years running I dived there (2013/14/15).

There were only four of us diving at NAD last April, I am sure things have improved and the food selection less limiting. The staff are great though, and went out of their way to improve what they were working with, like getting some proper green tea for me.

A point to note about Lion Air, I had a direct flight from Manado to Denpasar only to find out that it flew via Makkasar, where we had to de-plane and re-board, which was a real PITA as you had to take your hand baggage off and go through security again etc.

A friend of mine is going to Black Sands this weekend, I will hopefully have an updated report on this operator in a weeks time.

For divers who do not care to climb 40 steps I have to promote our Divers Lodge Lembeh.
Since we have our 20th Anniversary I hope this will be allowed for this time.

Our unique service: Private boat, private guide and crew. Make you own schedule and dive where you prefer and as long as you want. If you want to make more than one dive at the same dive site it is of course no problem at all. Comfortable and spacious bungalows with ultimate privacy and an amazing view, with or without air conditioning. Several bungalows come without a single surcharge. Excellent and healthy food (no M.S.G. , no palm oil). Dive tanks in several sizes and Nitrox up to 35%. No other resort can offer the same level of service at these rates. new rates . We are able to do this because we live and manage the Lodge ourselves, we do not work with travel agencies and do not have to employ expensive foreigners.

@Indah your prices are very good.

However one question on the rental of a DIN/Int adaptor, do none of your tanks have removable inserts?

@Indah your prices are very good.

However one question on the rental of a DIN/Int adaptor, do none of your tanks have removable inserts?
Only 10 of our tanks have a removable insert. We used to have many more. But those valves have been damaged by the use bad hex keys and we replaced them by Int valves. We put the adaptors on the rental form to be sure we always get them back again, but never actually charge the rental. :)

Back
Top Bottom