Where to stay for 1st Hawaii visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jandot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Needing for a little advice on where to stay, since we have zero knowledge on where to start out in Hawaii-

My husband and I are planning our 1st ever trip to Hawaii in late October, we're thinking Maui and/or Kauai

We are interested in staying somewhere that is convenient for diving, and will be easy to accomodate rinsing and storing our diving equipment. We do prefer a bit of luxury in a resort, but are not necessarily opposed to staying in a decent, very clean condo. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

I can't speak for Kauai but Maui has a lot of nice places.

In the past I have used this company and they were always excellent.

www.hawaii4less.com

Another place a lot of folks check is http://www.vrbo.com plenty of options on places to stay there.

For diving usually Maui gets much higher recommendations than Kauai - especially for the shore diving.

Either way have a great trip!

Aloha, Tim

I nearly drowned my wife shore diving off Kauai. It would have saved me a lot of money, as it turned out, but I'd miss her annual Christmas card.:D

Back
Top Bottom