Where to stay and who to dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigO

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey! :D

I planned a dive holiday to Phillipines in late April to early May. :cool2:

:confused:The big question for me now is who to dive with and where to stay! I´m spending 8 day/9 nights on Malapascua Island, and then 7 days/8 nights in the Coron area.

Glad for tips and advice!
Stay Safe!

Easy answer for diving - I'd also say Evolution on Malapascua and try Rock Steady Dive Center in Coron - both excellent choices.

Accommodation wise you can stay right with Evolution in Malapascua while for accommodation in Coron I'd suggest staying in Coron Town rather than a separate resort (which are normally a long way from the main town and are pretty remote). The nearby Coron Bistro and Kookie Restaurants have the best food on Coron at very good prices, while you also have the local markets with plenty of fresh fruit within 1 minutes walking distance - so there's plenty of options there.

We normally use Centro Coron for accommodation, it's well priced and in a great location - A 10 minute walk or 2 minute trike ride from Rock Steady, although you only need to visit the Rock Steady shop on the first and last day - otherwise you can meet them at the main boat dock each morning which is two minutes walk from Centro Coron.

If you can stretch your budget then Sanget Island or Puerto del Sol in Coron. The wrecks are very near.
Otherwise there are plenty places available at Coron town but the daily travelling to the wrecks is a bit boring.

Is there any liveaboards in the Coron area? All i can find is a few Safaris but most of them seems to be on private charter basis. Would love to see the wrecks and Apo Reef. Alos heard a romus about dugongs in the area. More advice plase! :D

Is there any liveaboards in the Coron area? All i can find is a few Safaris but most of them seems to be on private charter basis. Would love to see the wrecks and Apo Reef. Alos heard a romus about dugongs in the area. More advice plase! :D

The dugong sightings are not so good in Coron, it's a little hit and miss and the spotting area generally has visibility in the 0.5-1m range!

There's plenty of liveaboard trips in Coron, Rags2 and Ona are the main providers but they normally need to be booked well in advance and tend to focus on group bookings rather than individuals.

Rags Two regularly cover both Coron and Apo Reef on one trip and some the trips are opened to individual booking. Check the itinerary on its web site. But you might find the trip(5 days) is too short to cover both places. Three days on the wrecks in never enough, there are too many of them!!!!!
As for the dugongs.....you need tons of luck and time.

Back
Top Bottom