Where to stay and dive in Fiji? Considering Wananavu Beach Resort.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpeckledGrouper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We have barely recovered from Jet Lag (got back one week ago from Raja Ampat and Bali), and the next trip is taking shape already. Starting out with a week in Fiji, from there to Tawara in Kiribati for a week and lastly Majuro in the Marshall Islands. The itinerary is quite hairy with one flight every 2 weeks from Tawara to Majuro on an airline called "Our Airline"....we'll see how that turns out...

I got my flights to Nadi on hold for 3 more days and need to decided whether to add a domestic flight on to the reservation maybe to Suva or any of the outer island or just stay on Viti Levu. Wananavu gets good reviews and is somewhat in the price range.

Is there a better place with significantly better diving? Shark dive is NOT a must. We prefer Corals and Fish. Of course, the 15 kg baggage restriction on the puddle jumpers is a big concern as well.

After Raja Ampat, Bali, Papua New Guinea, Kosrae and Liveaboard in the Coral Sea (Spirit of Freedom), we are a bit spoiled, so any recommendations are appreciated.

Wananvu is great! The accommodations were comfortable - we stayed in one of the beach front cabanas. The food is terrific, and the diving is great. They take you out to the Bligh Waters, weather permitting. The people at the resort are friendly and efficient. The dive op was terrific. Other than the long bus ride, I like it a lot. It's cheaper than Beqa, and the diving is a whole lot better than Beqa.

Stayed at Wananavu a few years ago and loved it! There have been some changes in their scuba operations over the years, but from what I hear, for the better. The best diving was out in the Bligh Straight. It was a bit of a haul to get out there, but well worth it.

We have done the Bligh Waters twice. I would highly recommend Nakia on the island of Taveuni. Their dive op is Taveuni Ocean Sports owned by the daughter of Nakia Resort. The diving, dive op, and resort are simply the best. Check out their reviews on Tripadvisor. They are very accurate!

How long are the boat rides to dive sites from Wananavu? Especially if you go to Bligh? I am going on a liveaboard but looking to do a pre-stay dive trip my 2 top choices are Wananavu and Nakia. I am doing the 7 day on the Naia so I assume it will go to the Bligh area but not sure about Rainbow.

The lesser sights on the Sandstone Reef are only 10-15, but the good diving at Va Tu Ra is a solid 45 and can be more to E-6 and a couple others. The Nami cut's through even rough sea's very well. We dove next to the Siren during our trip last week. As far as Wananavu, we aren't experienced world travelers but Wananavu was far above any other resort we have visited. I'll be doing a trip report soon, but if you have any questions feel free to message me.

The lesser sights on the Sandstone Reef are only 10-15, but the good diving at Va Tu Ra is a solid 45 and can be more to E-6 and a couple others. The Nami cut's through even rough sea's very well. We dove next to the Siren during our trip last week. As far as Wananavu, we aren't experienced world travelers but Wananavu was far above any other resort we have visited. I'll be doing a trip report soon, but if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Sounds great and can't wait for your trip report. We've extended our upcoming stay there from five to seven days. :)

We enjoyed or stay at Wananavu a few years ago. But, last October we stayed at Volivoli and enjoyed Volivoli resort a little more than Wananavu. Food at Wananavu was ever so slightly better, but the Darling family hospitality at Volivoli edged out Wananavu. Would definitely go back to Volivoli. They will get you to the best Bligh waters sites if there is ANY way to do so safely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom