Where to stash your keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My diving is turning into my buddy and me heading to a lake for the weekend and jumping in. However, since it's typically just the two of us, I have some concerns regarding the security of my vehicle. I've look into purchasing a Hitch Safe but that isn't exactly a cheap option. I'm not a fan of using the magnetic key boxes either because those can be found and it's rather obvious if you're crawling around under your truck to stick it to your drive train or some other "safe" location.

So, what do you do to hide your keys? :confused:

Hitch Safe, Key Storage Hitches, Hide Car Key, Auto Key Safe, Trailer Hitch Covers, Receivers

I got a metal key made (only used for opening the car doors) and will lock my keys inside the car and take the metal key diving, I attached it to a boltsnap with some cave line, you could also put it in a pocket etc.

While an NRA marksman sticker, and an empty holster laying on the passenger seat does not. IJS Always keep them guessing.

Nice thought, but it might be lost on some of the thieves, not generally the bright bulbs in the box. Worse, some may see the empty holster and assume the gun is in car, increasing the temptation to break in.

Anyone remember a possibly relevant sequence in Pulp Fiction?

Back
Top Bottom