Where to start learning?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll need a buddy with one too. Maybe Sue and Steve's buddy Bob will be up for it. After watching the 2 RB divers bound out of the water while Bob staggered among the rocks under the weight of doubles, I know I would be!

Yeah Mike and Joe, I actually got an unsigned email warning of the dangers of diving an Inspiration! All very X-files. Of course I recognized the return address.:wink:

As for scooters, if ya want Mike, email me in PVT!

You and yours have a Great Weekend and Dive Safe!
Brock

OkieDiver, eh?

Hey Brock....let me know what type of training you'll be getting. The wheres and whens.

Are you planning on using one at Scapa Flow. The trip is starting to sound fascinating......

Patty

If I don't go to the UK, Hopefully I'll be able to do a trydive with our own padiscubapro this August.

Now buying and training is another story.

It's that new roof vs inspiration dilemma:wink:

Finishing Normoxic this month, then I'll see where I go.

Scapa is at least 2 years away.

I wonder how many emails I'll get now?

Dive safe
Brock

Recommend you do your rebreather training in 03 for the trip. It takes a lot longer than you expect to get really confident with the Inspiration. I did my training recently and wouldn't be happy doing scapa on it later this year. The fact that I have dived Scapa before and have 2700 OC dives doesn't help at all. Unless of course you have other CCR experiance in which case you should be fine

Also the ADV is set very coarsly on the inspriation exactly so it doesn't fire when you stick your head in a hole. After 1 dive on Dave Thompsons unit with his ADV I was sold!!!!!! No bottoming of the lung on the way down, no task loading (I was still at < 10 dives on the unit). The Auto vent was also great. made it very easy to keep minimal volume and surfacing was a cinch. This was a shallow grub around a trawler wreck in 10m so a lot of heads in holes diving

Back
Top Bottom