Where to put your valuables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I slipped in by back yard recently, ended up in the pool with my new fangled VW key in my pocket. It no longer works. The dealer said I would have to replace it, and reprogram all keys to the car. Including the valet key. I got my wifes key and left her the dead one. Do not dive with it!

Bill

:nono:

sactomags once bubbled...
For those shore dives, a secret I use: I went to the local AAA and got a plastic key made. It only works for opening the door (as I have one of those with a chip in the key, too), but then I have access to everything in the vehicle. [:]p

I'll have to try that. I also have one of those keys with the chip inside - what I've been doing is using one of those plastic bags specifically made to keep stuff dry in when you get in the water. Came with a belt called "Splash Caddy" - except I just use the bag and put it in my BC pocket.

Your idea if it works with my key is even better, as I'm always paranoid that the bag will somehow leak anyway. I'll have to try it.

A mini dry box. My keys with the electronic gizzmo fit nicely inside, and then I tie the box onto a d-ring on my BC, then slip the box in my BC pocket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom