Where to put compass and computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My bottom timer, compass, and depth guage are wrist mounted. My high pressure hose (SPG) runs along my oral power inflator hose and is attached with a couple of strips of bicycle tire tubing. I got this idea from a dive shop owner. I don't use a computer.

I used to have the SPG clipped to by left D-ring ala DIR, but it took too long to clip and unclip with gloves on. Hey, I tried it and didn't like it.

I tried the compass on the retractor but it was hard sometimes to find the compass and I didn't like anything dangling from o-rings any more than necessary. I didn't find it any easier to use the compass this way either although I know some who prefer it.

I keep the computor and compass on the pressure guage console so I need to look in only one place to find the data I want. Fewer places, less confusion, more relaxed dive, less air, more bottom time!

Back
Top Bottom