Where to place that new dive knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Large pig-sticker from the '60s on the inside right calf, small knife on the back of pressure/depth gage console, shears and z-knife on right side waist pouch. Carry other implements of destruction as needed.

No lanyards, a factory wrist bungee on the shears. I remove, handle and resheath all on a regular basis so there won't be a big learning curve should I need them. So far I have not permantly lost anything, part of which is due to selecting the area for the first practice sessions. And yes it is all done in 7mm gloves, since anything less will cut short the dive.

Bob
-------------------------------
You just can't have too many blades.

Put a couple of slices of pushbike tube over the handle and scabbard.

This gives the ocean only a 1% chance of claiming it and prevents the manufacturers sacrificial pact with Poseidon from being fulfilled..

And for those that are superstitious he is already appeased with plenty of tonnage of other things.

I used to wear it on my left inside calf but after seeing Mike wearing it on the waistbelt that's where I wear it now.

Seriously, I do wear it on my waistbelt now only because I still snagged kelp and weeds when it was on my inside calf.

Thanks Guys.

I took the gear into the pool yesterday and played around with placement. Has anyone ever tried it on the upper arm?

I tried on the waist and shoulder straps and it seems like it would be difficult to mount. PS. my sheath is a hard plastic sheath.

Does anyone have any pics of their mounting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom