Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flip12

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for a padi IDC. Which place gives you the best bang for the buck experience and time in the water. I am looking some where in the americas. thank for info.

I just did mine in Utila, Honduras. There are several IDC's there, but Utila Dive Center is the biggest one. They "guarantee" passing. It's relatively inexpensive there. The whole Island seems like one large youth hostel. I was happy. I passed!:D

I just did mine in Utila, Honduras. There are several IDC's there, but Utila Dive Center is the biggest one. They "guarantee" passing. It's relatively inexpensive there. The whole Island seems like one large youth hostel. I was happy. I passed!:D

Who doesn't?

if you are looking for water time during an idc, you either have your priorities mixed up or no idea what is involved in an idc... you will be way too busy studying to go diving or partying, and if you need the water time to perfect your skills, you are not ready for the idc.

i did mine at EASE in florida years ago, would recommend them highly. phillipe is a platinum course director, and one of padis best. the cost is equal to other operations, but includes food and lodging, and dinner is actually prepared for you in house. you stay in a house, with a pool out back, kinda isolated, perfect for concentrating on your studies. what little ow diving you will do is done in a local quarry, not fun, but no distractions. you can go diving when you are done with the ie.

Andy at UDC is also a very good course director, kind of a pushy salesman. not a bad thing tho, since pushing classes and gear sales is a large part of the idc. they tend to have much larger classes there, and a small pool offsite, which makes for hectic pool scheduling sometimes, and no chance to use it after hours. Utila is quite the party town too, lots of distractions, so youll need some self discipline and stay away from the bars (if you have the energy). on the plus side, they will let you dive free for life if you do an idc there, or at least they used to. might be slightly cheaper than EASE, but no lodging (cheap on utila) or food (not as cheap), and of course getting there is an expensive adventure in and of itself, the airport is just a strip with a covered picnic table, so you gotta fly in elsewhere in honduras, and take a ferry (and possibly a bus to la ceiba). still, an excellent choice if you want to travel further afield.

EASE is real close to where I grew up in FL. I had not heard of them when I lived there. I lived in stuart thanks for the info. I still have a place down there to live cheaper then traveling. thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom