Where To Go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to Philippines in March and now I have completed one half of my schedule. I am considering about the rest 7 days and would like to visit some destinations with good snorkeling and diving (primarly I would like to see bi fish), but I dont want to travel too much. Which of these destinations would you recommend me and where is a big chance to see big fish, such as sharks and mantas?:
1) Anilao
2) Bohol and islands around
3) Apo Island (Negros) - there I can go from Bohol, but is it worth to make extra trip there from Bohol - is it much better than Bohol, or it is comparable?
4) Sogot Bay - I can reduce my Bohol plans and go there, but is it so good that I should do it? Is there a big chance to see whale sharks or better do an extra trip to Donsol for them?
Thank you for every advice

Mesje, sorry no one's already responded on this but my guess is because this topic has been discussed recently in other threads...

that's a tough one mesje. Unfortunately there aren't a a lot sites in the Philippines that could guarantee sharks and mantas say like other places in Asia. Anilao, you might get lucky and see some rays or sharks, but seems rare.

Bohol (really Balicasag), barracudas and jacks.

Apo Island - turtles, jacks, barracudas, and maybe napoleon wrasses (I didn't see one... :( ) personally I think Apo Island is worth the trip.

Sogot Bay - March, you'd have a good chance of seeing the whale sharks... is that big enough for you?

should be good snorkeling in Apo Island and Balicasag (Bohol). Balicasag has some really nice white beaches and it's a nice place to spend a surface. There of covered resting areas and picnic tables there. So should be nice for the non divers.

Here's a pic of Balicasag Island... crystal clear waters... white sand... mmmmm good...
IMG_1613.jpg

nice pic pak. i miss balicasag already.
maybe its time some put up a sticky on popular sites in the philippines and what its attractions are both topside and underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom