where to go, less dive more wife question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
Extremly busy in Bangkok and no rich, we would like to go a weekend somewhere.
Maybe leaving friday and coming back monday, or maybe 1-2 days more.

I would like to have some nice dives...My wife is working extremly hard and I want to give her a perfect time as well (she doesn't dive)

My wife from the south (buddhist) is an enviromentalist (I fully agree) very buddhist (alcohol is not good and so on), loves that old style thai business model.
Resulting in: Everywhere with Isaan staff--not good. Not taking care nature....not good. Too many beer bars....not good. and so on.....

We were on Koh Lipe that was OK, but too many resorts/restaurants from Thai-Chinese or Bangkok people. But she was extremly happy with the foreign people as the sex tourists won't come there.

Anything simillar like that in Thailand? As we have just a few days an island wouldn't be good. We have a car.

One of the smaller islands might fit the bill. The diving won't be spectacular, but the wife should be ok with those.
But since islands are not an option because of time constraints: I can't think of any place in Thailand.

Not any easy one.
Given the fact that you only have a long weekend, I'd suggest Koh Chang, picking a hotel that's located somewhat further in the south, where it's not quite that busy (I an the family like Khlong Prao resort, but that's just us). Alternatively you could consider Chumphon, but there's not too many resorts around (I can only recall Chumphon Cabana - has own dive center too, but I don't know who owns it). Both of these locations should also fit your requirement for some nice dives, and would mean about 4-5 hours travel either way.

Not any easy one.
Given the fact that you only have a long weekend, I'd suggest Koh Chang, picking a hotel that's located somewhat further in the south, where it's not quite that busy (I an the family like Khlong Prao resort, but that's just us). Alternatively you could consider Chumphon, but there's not too many resorts around (I can only recall Chumphon Cabana - has own dive center too, but I don't know who owns it). Both of these locations should also fit your requirement for some nice dives, and would mean about 4-5 hours travel either way.

Chumphon Cabana is great, but I have been there already a couple of times. The DC is owned from the hotel and does not change their locations much (if at all), so I think I know there already every fish personaly.

Chumphon Cabana is great, but I have been there already a couple of times. The DC is owned from the hotel and does not change their locations much (if at all), so I think I know there already every fish personaly.

Well, can't blame you if you don't want to go to the same place over and over again. Might want to think about Koh Chang.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom