Where to go in mexico....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jennasnyder1980

Registered
Reaction score
My boyfriend and I are grad students looking for a quick trip to Mexico after graduation in two weeks.
We were wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a safe dive operator (we don't have our own equipment, so good equip is a must). We also don't want to go to big party places either. So, any cheap, quiet, great diving suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!!
Jen

Try calling Ryan International airways, and getting a trip to Cozumel,, usually 230.00 us
will get you round trip, the lesses costing hotel in the square is The Hotel San Miguel, usually $20.00 per person , per night , and talk to Kathy, at DIVE PARADISE, .she offers several dives daily. 2 tank start at $55.00 ea, ,Not sure about the equipment prices, but , they do rent ,..they have a great shop across from the Hotel Cozumel, with a big Apple for a logo...once on the island, you can go to almost any dive shop, for daily trips,..includeing the Cenotes, Caves on the mainland....45 min ferry trip and a great day of diving...Both are on the net. www.diveparadise.com and www.cenotes.com have fun , see ya` under

Try the folks in Puerto Aventuras. www.diveaventuras.com. We've used them a lot and they helped out my wife when she got certified a couple years back. She was very nervous and they had a great, calm and competent staff to help out. I've been diving for 20+ years and they've been great to me as well. I know they rent gear and have a pretty good inventory. Debbie can also help out with airport transfers and condo rentals/hotel options in the area. All in all, they're a good bunch and an easy place to get to from Cancun. The diving's less than 5 minutes from shore, reefs are pretty and in good shape and the town isn't party central (I think they practically roll up the streets at 10 pm...)

Eagle-scuba:
Try calling Ryan International airways, and getting a trip to Cozumel,, usually 230.00 us
will get you round trip, the lesses costing hotel in the square is The Hotel San Miguel, usually $20.00 per person , per night , and talk to Kathy, at DIVE PARADISE, .she offers several dives daily. 2 tank start at $55.00 ea, ,Not sure about the equipment prices, but , they do rent ,..they have a great shop across from the Hotel Cozumel, with a big Apple for a logo...once on the island, you can go to almost any dive shop, for daily trips,..includeing the Cenotes, Caves on the mainland....45 min ferry trip and a great day of diving...Both are on the net. www.diveparadise.com and www.cenotes.com have fun , see ya` under

WOW! 230 for a round trip??? You really get low prices, from Mexico city it's about $500 or $400 the cheapest round ticket!

I will say Cancun or Playa del Carmen, both fun for young people like you, great diving, and crazy parties as well so you'll have fun all day long.

If in Cancun you can use Manta divers www.mantadivers.com they are really good as just came back last friday, i dove with them a couple times as well as i did my Caverns specialty, good gyus those Manta divers.

have fun, dive safe.

I was very surprised by Mujuajal (SP?) which is a couple of hours south of cancun. The town was small and the reef was extraordinary, like a jungle!And the best part itwas just my girlfriend and I, a close friend and the DM! No other boats anywhere! I went with a dive "resort" about 30 minutes south of town and they were excellent. I'll have to look around for the exact name...

I am glad to see you discovered us. I just joined because I noticed there was very little about costa maya diving here but that is going to change soon. You more then likely dove with Ron as you DM. he has since returned to the state to settle some sort of family events. My name is Ken and I am currently the DM Maya Palms. I have been diving for the owners for fourteen years. I am pleased that you enjoyed our little paradise away from the town center. I hope you have the time to return to Mahahual someday before everyone else finds out.
Take care,
Ken

Costa Maya diving? What am I missing? Do tell.

I've spent a fair bit of time diving the islands between Loreto and La Paz, enjoying my diving there quite a bit... but then I also enjored diving Land's End at Cabo. Loreto and La Paz are quiet towns much more Mexican than some of the others mentioned. The Dolphin Dive Center in Loreto is a good place to dive out of if you want to give this region some consideration.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom