Where to go in mexico....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my experiance is that Costa Maya is a cruise/tourist trap... however the town of Mahuahal is a rugged fishing village and it has very few dive operations. However it is not that popular when compared to COZ so that means a more pristine area. My dive just out on the reef in front of the Maya Palms was killer, it was like a jungle!

I would love to go back and stay at the resort, in fact if I wasn't already booked for Roatan I would've gone back there!

I have a few pics from my old P & S camera of the dive I did there, not the best pics cuz I was just starting out but it will give you an idea.

i love the pacific ocean. my suggestion is to dive baja california.
Loreto and La paz, are good options and quiet places with a lot of options for all budgets.

good luck.

Costa Maya is a couple hundred kilometers south of Cancun. The diving there reminded me a whole lot of Cozumel thirty years ago. Lush coral, huge sponges, most lobsters I've ever seen. The best part is its quiet. No TV, no radio, and if your not in Mahahual on a weekday no cruiseship commandos. I was ther in February, most relaxing place I've been in a couple of decades, and the diving is great! I stayed at the Maya Palms, very short boat rides to the reef, new rental gear, friendly staff, I'll definately go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom