Where to get setup with a BP/W in San Diego area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farmerstephen13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to setup my first rig, I know that I could easily get stuff online, but I like to see what I'm getting into. That being said, I would like to purchase this from an lds in the San Diego any suggestions?

Also Beach Cities Scuba up in Dana Point. I think a good bit of HoS tech gear is special order.

Or if you don't mind driving to north L.A, Deep Sea Supply is headquartered in Pasadena...

DeepSeaSupply

Last edited:
what they said.... The drive to Pasadena is well worth it. You are one-upping supporting a local dive shop, you're buying product that is completely made in California.... Conveniently it will also likely be cheaper and is all but guaranteed to be better than anything any of the LDS's will have

I'd call Robert (Scubatude) and schedule a time to meet him at his shop.

I think Ocean Enterprises (Clairemont Mesa area I think) might have some BP/W stuff for sale, at least they did the last time I walked through about a year ago. I'm assuming you mean backmount and not sidemount? UTD and a GUE shop are right next to each other (ok, a couple doors down in the same building near/in Sorrento Valley) if you want to go the DIR route, and I'm sure they'd have a BP/W for loan/rent if you took a class with them.

If you are interested in Halcyon or Scubapro, San Diego Divers really know their stuff, they are mostly tech divers and really know their products. Very friendly and value their customers. Was there last week and they checked/tweaked a Scubapro reg for me and didn't charge at all. They carry mostly Halcyon and Scubapro, not sure if they carry other brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom