Where to get Rescue Diver Training?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bridgenet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I want to spend the first week of July getting our PADI Rescue Diver Certification, with that we will have have our Master rating. We've been to a number of places, Grand Cayman, Curraco, St. John, and St. Lucia so looking for some other location like Grenada, Cozumel, Bonaire, Little Cayman... Something different possibly where there is a good instructor and some good diving when not in class.

Anyone have any experience with the instructors/dive operators on any of these or other islands with regards to training? Flying out of Boston so looking for something not super expensive but fun too... We prefer wreck and wall diving, Grand Cayman favorite so far :)... Thanks in advance!

Actually, No you were right the first time. This is where it belongs. I'll take care of the dual post. :)
Now to answer you question.
I don't mean to sound like a broken record.
But, Bonaire is the place.
The dive operator we used down there is www.toucandiving.com
Several of the divers on my last trip, did AOW classes there.
The were extremely happy with the instructor. It's a 5 star Padi Golden Palm facility.
They are in Rodales magazine in the top 10 dive operators in the Caribbean.
Email them. Tell Steve I sent you.
steve@toucandiving.com

Thank you, Natasha,

Thanks for the quick reply. Since Toucan is located at the Plaza Resort would you suggest we stay there? I will email Steve and get some more info to figure out how much extra time we might have for other diving. Any suggestions on who would be good to put a package together for 5 nights (departing July 2) out of Boston? Checked the individual rates and figure there has to be a less expensive air/hotel package out there. If I remember right from some of the other boards you also handled travel, not sure though.

Thanks again,

:)

Yes, the Plaza Resort is the place to stay. I checked prices for you. It would be 863.00 per person to include laguna view room for those dates and each one of you to get your Rescue Certifications done.
If you want 3 days of unlimited shore diving added to it, it would be 926.00 to include all of that.
I can also do your air on American for those dates.
If you want Air Jamaica you will need to change your dates slightly.
If you would like to talk about this more, maybe email me at Natasha708@aol.com
Hope this helped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom