Where to get nitrox stickers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I need to get nitrox stickers for 4 of my tanks, and have been looking around for a place to get them that isn't ridiculous. I can't bring myself, as a matter of principle, to pay $7 for a sticker, nor can I bring myself to pay $9 in shipping charges for something that could be mailed for $0.39 in an envelope.

Anybody know of a reasonable source?

thanks.

Your local dive shop should have them readily available, although you'll still be paying the same price or even a little more for the sticker than online.

What part of the Bay Area are you from? I can point you towards an assortment of shops that'll have EANx stickers for you to buy. Personally, I don't have Nitrox stickers on my tanks nor would I give a dive shop my business if they required me to have one. The only sticker that you need is a current VIP that states the tank is O2 clean.

Mel

I'm in the south bay, near San Jose.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I can find them in an LDS, but it just seems a little absurd to me. Seriously though, not to be a cheap ******* or anything, but it's just a fricken sticker.

I need to slap them on because I'm heading up to Tahoe, where there are limited filling options and that's their policy. I'm not, in theory, opposed to stores requiring marked tanks... I just think that it shouldn't cost $7 or $8 per sticker.

Agree with Mel. I have never had any trouble getting my unstickered 02 clean tanks filled in the Bay Area (Wallins, California Dive Center) or Monterey (MBDC).

melfox26:
Personally, I don't have Nitrox stickers on my tanks nor would I give a dive shop my business if they required me to have one. The only sticker that you need is a current VIP that states the tank is O2 clean.
Mel

edit: now I'm too slow on the keyboard!

Have you asked them why they require something beyond an 02 clean VIP sticker? I'd bet you could talk them into filling your tank without the nitrox band on it.

rhlee:
I need to get nitrox stickers for 4 of my tanks, and have been looking around for a place to get them that isn't ridiculous. I can't bring myself, as a matter of principle, to pay $7 for a sticker, nor can I bring myself to pay $9 in shipping charges for something that could be mailed for $0.39 in an envelope.

Anybody know of a reasonable source?

thanks.

We sell bumper stickers in our stores (non-SCUBA related store) for anywhere from $2 - $5 -

SO - in reality, $7 for such a large sticker isn't that bad at all.

However - A cursory search of Yahoo Shopping shows Scuba.com has them for $4.95

I don't keep the tanks O2 clean, which is fine with places that bank standard mixes (Anywater and Aquarius Del Monte both do). I called the place in Tahoe up and they said they would fill my dirty dirty tanks with banked mix, as long as it had proper vis, hydro and nitrox markings...

Back
Top Bottom