Where to get custom tank skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J.Wal

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to get Afew custom tank skins made, got two buddies that have got me into diving and I want to look into skins for tanks to thank them and a custom one for me... Any websites / vendors yall may recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you usually don't see tank skins used on personal tanks because all stickers are supposed to be removed every year at VIP time and even if you are doing your own VIP's, the hydro shops usually pull them off. They are just vinyl skins so I'm sure you could DIY if you found a printer. Might be worth calling the companies that make them and see if you can send them images, but for the stock ones at $35 I imagine custom would be about $50 and I can think of a lot of other things they might benefit from with dive gear.....

These guys have money, and great for days. I am looking to do it as a personalized thank you for taking me under their wing.

Maybe you have some custom idea in mind that's like an inside joke that would make this the perfect gift and it wouldn't matter if they actually used them? Aside from that, tank skins are one of those things that seem like a good idea at first to new divers, but there are a number of reasons someone may not want to use them. So maybe your friends will think it's a fun idea, but there's also a good chance if these folks have been diving awhile they may not see the appeal. Since this is a very visible thing they're then in the spot of not using your gift, or putting something they don't want on their tank. Probably all sorts of better dive-related thank you gift ideas people could suggest.

Thanks for your opinion and not information requested.

Not to be a dick but asked for information, not your thoughts.

If I had siad, hey, what do yall think of this gift? Then I would expect and appreciate the input.

Now since it apparently can't be let go, I don't expect them to use them forever, I don't care if they use them at all. The point is a gift that has thought in it and they can hang it on the wall or put it on a tank.

It is a planned theme for the both of them. Yes I am new to diving, no I am not a idiot.

No one said you were an idiot (the other thing I don't know about.) But you did say you were a new diver, and often when you're new at any activity there will be things you don't know you should ask. And on any discussion board for any activity people will chime in with related info they think you should know. (Not to mention unrelated things, but that's how discussions go.)

If you'd asked for information on how to do something that's dangerous, would you want everyone to just tell you how to do it? Or might you prefer - at least eventually - for people to point out the problems that may not be obvious to you yet?

I thought I took care in my response not to offend. Really sorry for taking the time to respond to you.

Danger vs a product unrelated are apples and oranges.

But I got a PM with some info. Thanks!

Ah geez, yet again the experts weigh in. If you want some custom scuba tank skins, just do a Google search for "custom scuba tank skins" and take it from there. They'll look pretty good for a few dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom