Where to find oysters in MA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSilvia:
I don't hunt them, but I've seen individuals from time to time.

I am interested in hunting them as well... I've heard they like the river mouths. Usually makes pretty tricky diving though between currents and boat traffic.

krustykrab:
I heard they like river mouths.

There wasn't a river mouth where I saw them most often, but it was near a channel in the Weymouth part of Boston Harbor that gets some good flow through it.

I've only seen oyster shells...never a live one. But, I've heard of the world famous Wellfleet Oyster, so ask someone from Wellfleet where they get them. I love them raw on the half shell with a little lemon juice and tabasco sauce. Yum, yum. I've heard that they are good fried, but never tried it.

LobstaMan

Actually, I am more interested in mussels (just had a dozen of them in the pacific buffet in Framingham, yum). The sea floor at Pebble Beach is literally covered with opened up mussels (or a similar kind of mullusk), but I don't see any full ones. Is that because lobsters eat them or something?

Back
Top Bottom