Where to find lobster @ LBTS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpspaceman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just bought my lobster diving license and looking to find the best location at lauderdale by the sea to find them! any suggestions?

David

Dpspaceman,
I would strongly suggest that you make contact with the Gold Coast Scuba "meet up" group.
Gold Coast Scuba is in the city of LBTS, and they have a VERY active "shore diving" group that will show you different locations in and around LBTS that will be more productive in the bug hunting activity than hitting the "Portals" in LBTS that get so very heavily doved by so many.
Vista Park, 12th Street, Pompano Beach south of the Pier, Oakland Park Blvd, Kayuba Beach, SeaTech Ledges, Sea Watch, the list goes on and on.
I shore dive different areas within LBTS, and it's usually condos and public access points.
I do pretty well on bugs, and have been gathering intelligence since 1975.
You need to make some friends.
The chances of somebody on this board telling you exactly "where and when" are pretty slim.
But you can get some generalities like I just posted.

Chug
Does not give up seecret spots either, easily, for anything less than a beer.

Dpspaceman,
I would strongly suggest that you make contact with the Gold Coast Scuba "meet up" group.
Gold Coast Scuba is in the city of LBTS, and they have a VERY active "shore diving" group that will show you different locations in and around LBTS that will be more productive in the bug hunting activity than hitting the "Portals" in LBTS that get so very heavily doved by so many.
Vista Park, 12th Street, Pompano Beach south of the Pier, Oakland Park Blvd, Kayuba Beach, SeaTech Ledges, Sea Watch, the list goes on and on.
I shore dive different areas within LBTS, and it's usually condos and public access points.
I do pretty well on bugs, and have been gathering intelligence since 1975.
You need to make some friends.
The chances of somebody on this board telling you exactly "where and when" are pretty slim.
But you can get some generalities like I just posted.

Chug
Does not give up seecret spots either, easily, for anything less than a beer.

Thanks Chug!

LBTS is probably the most dived shore spot in Florida, go somewhere with less traffic. Google map JLloyd Park, the dark areas are where you want to dive. The FL coast from Hollywood north to Palm Beach (?) has three reef lines. The first reef line is closest to shore, you want to check out the east side of the reef for nooks and crannies. There is no pattern, 20 identical holes can be empty and number 21 has a bunch. There is a book, Shore dives of FL by Mcallister, most dive shops carry it, you can get started with it. It's a long reef line with lots of lobster, finding them is the hard part. Just want to add a note about lobster gauges, carry two. The last thing you want is to have a limit in your bag and find out your lobster gauge is gone. If the marine patrol is waiting on the beach and you have lobsters and no gauge, you will get a ticket

Last edited:
Thanks for all the tid bits, quick question - when you go lobster diving off the shore, you guys going solo?

Thanks for all the tid bits, quick question - when you go lobster diving off the shore, you guys going solo?
If the number of dives on your profile is correct, you will be more comfortable with another diver in the water with you.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom