Where to do my IDC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterwabbit

Reaction score
Hi Scubaboard!

I'm thinking of doing my PADI IDC somewhere in the Philippines this fall. Any suggestions? I did my divemaster on Koh Tao and would like a similar vibe, perhaps a bit older. Where is the largest dive community? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I agree with the other two. PG. It has enough diver traffic to ensure you will get a good amount of hands on experience out of your course! And as said above, Asia divers or Atlantis are excellent dive operations so you can dive right in without hesitation.

Although if I might give one more piece of advice... Pro courses like this are long and a lot of work, and you need to develop a "relationship" with your instructor... Unlike, the recreational courses... Because of this, I would advise you to contact the course instructor ahead of time to talk to him about the course, and how he conducts it, and a bit what he expects from students... As well, share your expectations with him. Because if you are expecting something totally different from what he is willing to give, you are bound to have conflicts... And that's not good for pro courses like these!

So contact him, even give him a call and see if you guys see eye to eye! If not, consider somewhere else with someone else... This is a major investment of yourself, so take the time to make sure it's a good experience!

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

PG without question (Asia Divers - Warren Dixon). Since you are going in the fall now is a great time to re-take your entire DIVEMASTER coursework at home. I can't recommend that enough. You need to redo the DIVEMASTER exam three or four times to get your brain back in the game. I found it helpful to go through every certification level knowledge review as well. It is a course that you "must" prepare for to achieve a first time go. Good Luck!

Thanks for the response. What about Moalboal? I hear it has a pretty good diving community also. Are the IEs not offered as often? How does it compare with PG? Just wondering...

Thanks for the response. What about Moalboal? I hear it has a pretty good diving community also. Are the IEs not offered as often? How does it compare with PG? Just wondering...
PG is essentially at the center the country's dive industry.

all the major IDCs operate in PG and most professionals go there for the superb quality of the training and the facilities.

if you want to get real chinese food you don't go to san francisco... you go to HK... same here, you can probably get a good IDC in moalboal, but the best will be at PG

Jag

no question: puerto galera.

but just to be different let me chime in with: cavite!!!!

there... all better now

Jag

Hijack: Jag there's a spot that I want to explore in Cavite.... should be interesting... Details over beer when I see you :)

Back
Top Bottom