Where to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hubby and I moved up here to Pennsylvania from Georgia over the winter. We were no strangers to taking a drive to Florida or the Carolinas for a long dive weekend, but have no clue where to go here. We're living in the Scranton area right now (which is too far from the ocean for my tastes) and have no idea which dive boats/operators in the northeast would be worth diving with. I can't dive at all this summer, and it's really not a good idea for me to be on a boat with a cast on my leg, but I would definitely find somewhere to do some shopping while hubby goes diving. We're open to travel to the NY/NJ/DE areas if someone could give us some recommendations. Thanks for any advice to come!

If you ever head down to the Atlantic City area, The Atlantus has a pretty active dive schedule. wednesday, saturday, sunday, and occasional monday trips. The wednesday trips leave at 9, so you have an extra hour or 2 to get down here.
They are charted by East Coast Diving Supply in Northfield. Check out their dive schedule.
Welcome to EastCoast Diving

Thank you so much for the information so far! There does seem to be quite a few selections in the New Jersey area, which isn't bad at all.

Not sure about that Dutch Springs though, lake diving just isn't the same as the ocean. I looks like it may be interesting for a dive or two, but I would think boat dives in the open ocean would offer much better diving.

Atlantic City sounds interesting, but I've read a few things in the past that would have me thinking it's not that safe of a city. Is this true?

Ciao!
Gabrielle

Atlantic City sounds interesting, but I've read a few things in the past that would have me thinking it's not that safe of a city. Is this true?

Atlantic City is no different than any other city in the Country. There are places to aviod. Fortunatly the boat isn't docked in the ghetto. Its in a very nice, and family friendly place called Gardeners Basin. A few good places to eat, some small craft shops, and a small but nice aquarium.
- The "Other Atlantic City:" Historic Gardner's Basin -
Home Page
Since your looking to do some shopping, The Walk , and The Pier are really nice places to spend some cash. Both are very safe too.
The Pier Shops At Caesars
The Pier Shops At Caesars

You can go to the Long Island Divers Association website, lidaonline.com, for boats on Long Island and NY City or the Eastern Dive Boat Assoc website. You should also go into the Dive NY forum. There seems to be alot of Pa. people there, a big Dutch Springs crowd, but they also have alot of info on other spots.

Back
Top Bottom