Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelpro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be going to the Batangas area on July 20th and 21st with some friends. Where is a good place to go diving?

Then I have another 3 days since my friends will return to Manila; 22nd-24th. Is there another area I should checkout or recommend I just stay in the area since time is limited.

I fly out of Manila in the 25th @ 9am so need to be back by late night 24th.

Thanks!

And if you want to try another area, take a Bangka from Batangas pier (50 minutes) to Sabang, the other major dive destination of the area. Both have great diving!:coffee:

I recommend staying at Planet Dive (no affiliation, just recommending) while in Anilao. Great people and staff. Rates are quite reasonable. Their house reef is a nice shore dive. We spotted a Flambuoyant Cuttlefish on a dusk dive. If you are up to it, take the ferry across to P.G. and dive Sabang for a day (for a change of venue). I highly recommend diving Sabang Wreck during the day and at night. On a dusk dive I saw lots of decorator crabs, box crabs, star gazers, lionfish, puffers, filefish, etc. The banka wreck has lots of interesting marine life that dwell in it. Sabang Wreck is a shallow and easy dive.

Thanks so much everyone. Great advice.

I decided to go to Anilao with my friends then go to P.G. for 3 days.

Planet Dive looks interesting but maybe too basic. Maybe I want something a step up from that but I would like nice beach and ocean front/view room if possible. I have no idea what to expect for accommodations and flexible. If anyone has ideas in Anilao and P.G. its much appreciated

I'll def check out Planet Dive for my diving.

The only nice beach in PG is in Big Lalaguna. If you like nice rooms, I would highly recommend Lalaguna Beach Club. Very nice, although not the cheapest.:coffee:

Thanks so much everyone. Great advice.

I decided to go to Anilao with my friends then go to P.G. for 3 days.

Planet Dive looks interesting but maybe too basic. Maybe I want something a step up from that but I would like nice beach and ocean front/view room if possible. I have no idea what to expect for accommodations and flexible. If anyone has ideas in Anilao and P.G. its much appreciated

I'll def check out Planet Dive for my diving.

Your choices are ON TARGET. Now, pray for good weather.

Thanks CODMAN. Lalaguna Beach Club is totally my style. I researched it and made a reservation.

Babydamulag, ya I heard its not the greatest time. I have to go to Japan for biz and decided to take a side trip. I will make the best of it regardless.

Thanks again everyone. Advise is great!!!

Most resorts in anialo are basic. I like Aquaventure, but Planet dive has a nice "house reef" by twin rocks. there is a new resort just built, very plush, I believe just past Balai, but I can't seem to recall the name. If in PG check out the El Galleon in small lalaguna, I have heard many good things about them and the Asia divers the dive op. Oh if you want a step up in anialo go with Solana.......nice, but expensive. Just my dalawa (2) centavos.

Planet dive from the water............:goingdown:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom