Where to Dive ? South East Florida ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cavemanc5

Reaction score
Hello.......My Wife and I will be in the Vero Beach area during the last 2 weeks of August and we were wondering how far south we will have to go to experiance some good dives on the east coast? or is it worth going to Key Largo ?

Also what's the deal with Lobster season ..... Aug 6 thru Mar 31 ? What are the difference's between Spiny and other Lobsters

Thanks in Advance
Caveman

Spiny Lobster are actually a type of crawfish. No claws, large antenae, and lots of spines - go figure. They get pretty sizeable too.

You may encounter slipper(shovelnose) lobster too. They are smaller and basically look like a tail and carapace with a clove shaped head. No season on these guys, take em when you see em.

Welcome to ScubaBoard

My wife and I went to Lauderdale by the Sea for some shore diving and up to Pompano Beach for some boat diving in May. Our best boat dive was the SS Sea Emporer(sp?). Big stingrays, moray eels, goliath groupers and lots of cool stuff. This was our first time diving in FL and we were very pleased with how good it was. We had such a good time we ended up doing all our diving there in the Lauderdale area and just driving through Key Largo on our way to Key West to see the Keys so I can't say if diving there would be any better. We did our shore dives just south of Anglers Pier, between the pier and Datura St.
Cheers,
Curt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom