Where to dive in Seattle????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just bought some new gear and want to try it out before my Rescue Dive class. Not only that, but I have not been diving in the frigid waters of the beautiful Pacific Northwest. With that said, I am new to the 7mm wetsuit and the idea of having so much weight added to me. So, before I take this class I want to become familiarized with the added weight I will be wearing and with the cold water. Any suggestions??

You might fill out your profile info. North of Seattle there is Edmond's UW park, in Seattle there is Cove 2. All easy dives were you can dive as shallow or deep as you want and good bottoms to do skills on. Hope this helps.

Charles

I have pretty much the same project. New Dry Suit ( 1 year old virgin ) and a weight project. How about the same question with a dock to leave weights on. In and out of the water to mess with weights is holding me back. (Not to mention water temp, vis and a two hour drive ) So between Everett and Tacoma with a dock. I can't think of any place, so I remain land locked. ( lazy )

tnx don O

There are plenty of places to mess with weighting...
Cove 2, Redondo, Les Davis...
Just need some willing buddies and I am sure you can find them here.
K

If everything is new and different and/or you have little cold water experience, I would suggest paying for a refresher class with a DM or instructor. There's great diving here but the conditions and equipment are challenging.

Jack

Update. Went to the local dive shop by my house and met a dive master willing to take me out on a dive and play with all my new toys. It is good to know that the diving community here is willing to help others out. Thanks for the replies. Hope to see you in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom