Where to dive in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dialeemo

Registered
Reaction score
I am off to dive in Bohol on Friday and as it is quite a last minute thing, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to base myself when I get there. Are all the dive shops in one place and if so where? Also if anyone has been recently, what sort of stuff did you see?

Been to Bohol 5 times...the waters around Bohol is God's country. Just get to the Bohol Beach Club... They will take it from there. Please tell me how it works out. Its the rainy season there you know.

Regards

f3nikon@excite.com (SF Bay Area)

Looking over the Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section you will see that we have a forum dedicated to Asian dive destinations. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in the hope it will get a more complete response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Lots of diving around Bohol. There are some resorts on Panglao Island but I think the best one is Bohol Beach Club. You can dive Cabilao, Panglao and to venture further is Balicasag, which is a must see.

To get to Bohol, you most probably willpass through Cebu. There is some great diving there too.

HI;

Hope you don't mind the e-mail. Just read your post re: Bohol and Bohol Beach Club and have some questions if I may.

We are heading to the Philippines in December for three weeks and will be diving Malapescua (thresher sharks), Bohol, Cabilao Island and maybe Dumaguete. Moalboal seems\ed very busy with too many divers for my liking.

What operator did you dive with a Bohol? Bohol Beach Club does not seem to have any diving available - well I cannot find it!
How long would you recommend in Bohol?

Did you travel and dive the others areas I've mentioned, and if so how was the diving?

If you have been to the other areas, which operator would you recommend?

Sorry for all the questions - you know how it is when your arranging a dive vacation. Many thanks..............Iain

Hello iainwilliams,

Have registered to this board just now. Currently, I live in
the Philippines and already have visited places you have
mentioned.

Malapascua is the best place to see sharks especially
Thresher and white tip. If you are lucky, you might be able
to spot hammer head off the edge of Monad Shoal. Besides
that, macro at Light House is great. You are guaranteed
to see mandarin fish and sea horse. There are wrecks and
caves around the area, but don't expect any coral gardens.
By looking at your profile, this destination could be the most
enjoyable place.

If you like "tropical diving", then Balicasag Island off the shore
of Alona Beach, Bohol would be the ideal place. School of
barracudas and jacks are crusing. Nice beach resort, and can
go for some tour such as Chocolate Hills or dolphin watching.
Cabilao is about the same. Nice corals at shallow water, and
there's a colony of garden eel. Biggest prize is either school
of barracuda or big napoleon, so not much. Don't expect to
see the hammer heads!

Moalboal, Pescador Island is always fun to dive. White tip in
deep, colorful anthias, and the cathedral cave. If you dive
Cebu side, turtles are guaranteed and whale shark if lucky.

I wouldn't recommend Dumaguete since Apo Island is similar
to Balicasag, but with longer voyage.

In every places, Sea Explorers are operating. You might be
able to get a better rate by contacting their Cebu office and
arrange the whole trip. If you plan to decide the operator
after checking their shop, then prior reservation of
accomodation is a must for Bohol and Moalboal during the
holiday.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Best,

spyder_zagato@cebu

I am currently in Bohol and havn't been to the rest of the places that you mentioned, but am going to Apo tomorrow and doing Moalboal and Malapascua after that so will let you know how it turns out. I am a backpacker so unfortunately Bohol Beach Club was slightly out of my budget. I am diving here with Philippine Divers Club and just found them by strolling along the beach and picking the operator that impressed me most. The dives here are excellent. At Arco point and Bohol Beach Club (the dive site) we saw many pygmy seahorses and ghost pipefish. There is pretty much no chance of any sharks here but you will definately see the schools of Jacks and chevron Barracuda at balicasag which is similar to diving in an aquarium with 30m visiblity. Unfortunately I won't get the chance to dive in Cabilao islan as we could not get enough divers for the trip, its that quiet here, not even 4 people to go. The company I am diving with do a dive pass for Bohol and Malapascua so you can buy a 10 or 20 dive block and use it for both locations even though Malapascua is slightly more expensive.

Speaking to a couple of people who have just come form Moalboal, they say it is very quiet at the moment which is the way I like it. I will update you when I have done the rest of the trips.

Hello there. can you tell me what the dives fees are and the accommodation fees?. Looking for a midrange resort to stay for Next Feb05 along Alona - also while in Cebu.

thanks! and have fun!!!
-U

dialeemo:
I am currently in Bohol and havn't been to the rest of the places that you mentioned, but am going to Apo tomorrow and doing Moalboal and Malapascua after that so will let you know how it turns out. I am a backpacker so unfortunately Bohol Beach Club was slightly out of my budget. I am diving here with Philippine Divers Club and just found them by strolling along the beach and picking the operator that impressed me most. The dives here are excellent. At Arco point and Bohol Beach Club (the dive site) we saw many pygmy seahorses and ghost pipefish. There is pretty much no chance of any sharks here but you will definately see the schools of Jacks and chevron Barracuda at balicasag which is similar to diving in an aquarium with 30m visiblity. Unfortunately I won't get the chance to dive in Cabilao islan as we could not get enough divers for the trip, its that quiet here, not even 4 people to go. The company I am diving with do a dive pass for Bohol and Malapascua so you can buy a 10 or 20 dive block and use it for both locations even though Malapascua is slightly more expensive.

Speaking to a couple of people who have just come form Moalboal, they say it is very quiet at the moment which is the way I like it. I will update you when I have done the rest of the trips.

Back
Top Bottom