Where to dive during DEMA....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mverick

Reaction score
Just wondering were to dive. We'll be at DEMA from the 8th to the 15th... Any Ideas? We have a car and will be driving to the keys....

Thanks, Rick

Mverick once bubbled... Just wondering were to dive. We'll be at DEMA from the 8th to the 15th... Any Ideas? We have a car and will be driving to the keys....Thanks, Rick
It may clear up a bit but yesterday I couldn't see quite 15' in the middle of our first reef. It will be better deeper, but I'd stay with plan-1 and stay in the Keys.

If you are asking about where to go in the Keys, there are several threads here. All of the Key Largo operators seem to be just fine.

Hay Rick,

I can't figure out why everyone that comes to south FLA insists on driving all the way to the Keys to dive when some of the best diving in FLA is right off the cost of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. The reefs are every bit as good as they are in the Keys, it's usually less crowed here because all the out-of-toweners go to the Keys to dive, we have MANY, MANY more wrecks here then they do down there and there is usually far less current to deal with up here then there is down there. It can also be less expensive up here and the dive boats, while still catering to a lot of vacationers, deal with just as many locals which I've found makes them a lot easier going. The shops in the Keys deal primarily with tourists so they tend to be way more strict on divers regaurdless of your certification level assuming that you haven't dived in a while and that you're fairly new and inexperienced. I had one shop insist that I wear my snorkel while on a wreck dive. Once I explained I was a wreck certified Instructor, from south FLA, there on a long weekend to do something different and I dive all the time just up the road, the DM finally said "well, ok. Just put it in your pocket and at least carry it with you." I don't have a pocket on my BP and Wings setup so he insisted that I stick it in my waist band. Why? Because they deal with divers that only dive once a year on vacation and can barely take care of them selves.

There are plenty of very good charters right here in the FLL/MIA area and lots of great diving. Save your gas money, open the yellow pages and find a shop near your hotel that has their own boat and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

See ya at the show.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom