Where to dive and who to dive with north shore Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladyver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Aloha,

My wife (DM) and I (OWSI) will be staying in Turtle Bay next week (July 13-20). We would like to get a few dives in and I have read that north shore has some great dives. Where can we get tanks and anyone have good resource for local beach diving? I am not opposed to boat diving either, I just don't have our schedule figured out yet. We both ride horses, so I know that will be taking up part of our days and I am sure I will be golfing a little bit too.

Any info on the north shore would be much appreciated.

Mahalo nui loa,

Jeff

Call Gabe at Kaimana Divers. (They can be googled for the phone number) Now that its summer, I know they are doing some dives up on the N. Shore. If he cant help, he can point you in the right direction.

Second the suggestion to call Gabe, if only to pick his brain about sites and North Shore resources. If you're looking for the closest shop to Turtle Bay, it's probably going to be Deep Ecology in Haleiwa--though their site doesn't say if they do tank rentals and I'm not sure myself.

Hey Jeff...coincidentally we're staying at Turtle Bay about a week after you and we had some of the same questions! I'd been in contact with Deep Ecology and, while I have no personal experience with them, based on their responsiveness in their emails we're going to dive with them. The hotel had said they were about 20 minutes away from the resort and that they and one other operator (whose name i can't remember now) were the closest. If you don't mind I might pm you after you've gone just to see what you thought of the diving.

I have dived with Surf N Sea and Deep Ecology many times.
Both are good ops but I prefer SnS. Get with Charly, she'll take care of you and show you some outstanding dives. You can rent or dive with the shop on their dive.

Most of the dives are Sharks Cove and Three Tables. If you see Charly tell her Grant from Texas said Hi. It's been too long since we've been to the North Shore. Shaka Brah!

Back
Top Bottom