Where to display permit numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abouttime

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm just getting started lobster diving around Cape Ann. Been on a few trips with some friends and getting the hang of it.

One of the questions I have is where/how to display my permit numbers. I rent tanks (with a rental card its way cheaper than buying) and I dive off a boat. Is it really necessary to display numbers? If so, how?

I'd like to keep as legal as possible but not sure what that means sometimes.

On the tanks. some dive shops sell a white card...that you can put your #'s on it and at each end it has like bungee cords that can go around the tanks.

The number should also go on your flag if shore diving.

You should get a plastic placard at your local dive shop, with straps that can be put around any tank. You have to display your numbers on the dive flag post also. I would use both no matter shore or boat diving as the regulations are vague and it's not worth the fine to be out of compliance. Good Luck.

Talk to my brother, ScubaStew on this board. He has this exact configuration the posts talk about -- white placard with black stick-on letters attached to your tank with a velcro strap.

LobstaMan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom