Where to buy [US]? Apeks 'high profile' drysuit exhaust valve flapper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justinthedeeps

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a US source for the flapper valves that go in the Apeks 'high profile' drysuit exhaust valve (ca ~2018)

dr143111.jpg

Anyone know who stocks & sells them?

Related question: the suit hole diameter for this valve is ~39mm / 1.5 inches.
Do newer Apeks exhaust valves fit that hole diameter? I am hearing 36mm / 1-3/8" for those.

20240906_124448.jpg

I am looking for a US source for the flapper valves that go in the Apeks 'high profile' drysuit exhaust valve (ca ~2018)

View attachment 860125

Anyone know who stocks & sells them?

Related question: the suit hole diameter for this valve is ~39mm / 1.5 inches.
Do newer Apeks exhaust valves fit that hole diameter? I am hearing 36mm / 1-3/8" for those.

View attachment 860126
Unless it has changed, Apeks US distributor does not disseminate parts kits for dump valves. As such, there is little choice but to order from Europe or otherwise.

Thanks for the info.

To answer my own [second] question, both of the Apeks valve types are listed at 37mm on the Euro site, even though the actual measurement I got (with both calipers and tape) was 38-39mm

Various US online shops list the valves, but do not include the hole specification. Hence the measurement quoted could be 1-3/8 inches, whereas the actual drysuit hole measures 1.5 inches for a factory-fitted/gasketed valve hole.

Well chief the hole in the gasket you glue onto the suit for both the 158 and 704 is 37mm

I had the same question. As I needed the valve asap, I bought a backup from Extreme Exposure. Yes, the price was high, but I needed the valve asap. If you don't mind waiting, get the valves from Europe by purchasing a bunch of items from companies like DeepStop.de. European brand prices are cheaper in EU, so if you smart about packing your cart, you'll end up saving $ even with shipping charges.

I got my valve from Extreme Exposure. It is Santi-branded. No way I am putting it on my suit. Will probably change out the internals or ship it back. Grrrrr...

Is Santiagucci not cool anymore?
Am able to 'streamline' most of the patches & logos off Santi/Halycon/Guey stuff, learned that in the Fundy class when they stripped off all my weight pouches and took away a D ring

Is Santiagucci not cool anymore?
Am able to 'streamline' most of the patches & logos off Santi/Halycon/Guey stuff, learned that in the Fundy class when they stripped off all my weight pouches and took away a D ring
Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, I will be stripping Santigucci logos off the exhaust valve.

My original valve completely failed and I had to put something else in. A friend suggested duct tape, but I went with the Santi/Apex amalgam.

Back
Top Bottom