Apeks high profile vs low profile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingx

Still breathing
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I heard a lot of good things of Seaskin drysuits. Since I need a backup drysuit, I decide to give it a try. So here’s the question, which dump valve should I choose? Apeks high profile or low profile? I have high profile on my Santi suit which works great, but I have never tried any low profile valves. The only thing I know is low profile is relatively new and can dump faster than high profile, but which one is more reliable? Thanks in advance.

There were reliability issues with the first generation low profile apeks dump valves. Those issues have been fixed. The high and low profiles are equally as reliable as the other. I prefer the lower profile, it helps to clear the shoulder straps getting in and out of my harness. You can't go wrong with either choice.

High profile remains more reliable and is easier to rebuild/less finnicky than it's low profile counterpart.
I heard a lot of good things of Seaskin drysuits. Since I need a backup drysuit, I decide to give it a try. So here’s the question, which dump valve should I choose? Apeks high profile or low profile? I have high profile on my Santi suit which works great, but I have never tried any low profile valves. The only thing I know is low profile is relatively new and can dump faster than high profile, but which one is more reliable? Thanks in advance.

I have both, for more than ten years. Both have worked flawless. I prefer the low profile as it is easier to get in to and out of the harness.

Reviving this question. Summary so far:

QTY 2 for low profile
QTY 1 for high profile

Personally, I like the high profile...but...owning and maintaining one and using one in the field with tight harness straps...I also like the low profile. Anyone else?

I am likely to buy a low profile one in a sec...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom