Where to buy these shorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a bunch of different brands selling x-shorts. Most tech orientated online shops should sell them. The design of those you linked seems to match others available to sell. Some shorts such as 'XS Scuba' have nice sub-pockets inside for wetnotes and already have bungees/d-rings in place for attachments.

Check these out, too. Layout and number of pockets is good; I'm not sure if I'm hard on shorts or if the standard version's fabric needs to be burlier, but they're holding up well enough aside from a couple tears. D-rings inside the pockets are decent, could have longer loops on them.

Check these out, too. Layout and number of pockets is good; I'm not sure if I'm hard on shorts or if the standard version's fabric needs to be burlier, but they're holding up well enough aside from a couple tears. D-rings inside the pockets are decent, could have longer loops on them.

Those Irikonji shorts are really nice. A friend has some, which he bought on sale/at a great bargain. However, the retail price is absurd.

At that price, I'd expect the shorts to do my gas planning for me...

Hey, I let my shorts do my gas planning for me :p

I suppose it comes down to how much one cares about the $60 difference between the better shorts and the XS Scuba/Highland neoprene ones. If you're diving warm water, it's hard to beat the fact that they double as swim trunks, making getting dressed as easy as pulling on the shorts and a lavacore top. Though if I had it to do over, I'd just sigh a couple more times and get the pricier version...fabric is tougher, liner breathes better, and the d-ring loops look more functional.

Scuba Pro makes some too. I have a lot of friends that use them. I take it you can find a dealer for them?
SCUBAPRO - Hybrid Shorts

Thanks. Those are very nice but the hole it'll burn in my pocket for me & my wife-buddy will kill me!

I've seen the XS Scuba ones but don't really like them. The ones I've posted look really similar to ones I saw someone use on a trip (unbranded), and they were nice. But they were selling at $100 each.

Looking to see if I could get them cheaper.

---------- Post added September 21st, 2013 at 04:52 PM ----------

Scuba Pro makes some too. I have a lot of friends that use them. I take it you can find a dealer for them?
SCUBAPRO - Hybrid Shorts

Yes I've a friend who got them. He didn't like it. Said pockets were too small and some other reason he mentioned.

Those were the first ones I thought of getting.

Storm Divers Pocket X-Shorts Snorkeling Gear:Amazon:Clothing

Anyone seen this for sale at any of the online dive stores? Any reviews regarding their quality and design? Thanks.

The only place I have ever seen the Storm brand is from Dolphin Scuba. Here is the link: Storm Pocket Shorts | Dolphin Scuba Center

---------- Post added September 21st, 2013 at 04:36 AM ----------

$60 difference?! How much are x-shorts in the USA!?!

$90 US
Dive Xtras X-Shorts | Dolphin Scuba Center
Highland by XS Scuba 2 mm Super Stretch Neoprene Pocket Shorts | LeisurePro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom