Where to buy replacement HID Bulb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bober99

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement HID 10W bulb for a UK100 Light Cannon? I can't believe the scuba dealer wants $100 for the bulb. I figure it is a $10-30 part. Anyone know of wholesalers/parts dealers that sell the bulb for less? I've seen 35W car HID bulbs for $11 so don't think it can be that expensive! Thanks.

Nice try, but that price isn't out of line. The bulb in a light cannon is a Welch-Allen 10w, and the cheapest I've ever seen one, anywhere, online or otherwise, was around $65 from an ATV supply place. (Don't remember the link now, sorry.)

Automotive HID bulbs are probably manufactured by Brightstar, which make them considerably cheaper and more robust. But - they won't fit in a Light Cannon.

Trail tech, or something like that makes a HID bulb & ballast lamp for ATV's or bikes. It is the Welch-Allyn bulb & ballast combo they go for 59 for the bulb and 40 for the ballast. I am trying one for my homemade canister light, they put out 35w equivalent for a 10w drain on your battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom