Where to buy Halcyon screws and wing nuts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ramsy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking to find a place that sells the Halycon (or any other brand) screw and wing nut that is used to hold the STA to the back plate. I have a weighted Halcyon STA. The screw to connect the STA to the backplate is built into the weight. I do not use the weight unless I am diving aluminum tanks (which is not often.) So, if I am not using the weight, I don't have the two screws needed to hold the STA to the backplate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You have a lot of options. I'm sure a local Halcyon supplier could order special "H" wing nuts for you. :wink:

I'd first try Home Depot. If they don't have the right size marine-grade stainless steel wing nuts, then you could try one of the marine supply shops. A couple years ago, I got a bunch of SS hardware odds and ends at Hayes Bolt and Supply on National Ave.
Wherever you find them, you should probably get a few extra...in case you lose 'em. You should keep some backups in your save-a-dive kit.

Another option would be to get the appropriately sized delrin thumbwheels from Deep Sea Supply.

You have a lot of options. I'm sure a local Halcyon supplier could order special "H" wing nuts for you. :wink:

I'd first try Home Depot. If they don't have the right size marine-grade stainless steel wing nuts, then you could try one of the marine supply shops. A couple years ago, I got a bunch of SS hardware odds and ends at Hayes Bolt and Supply on National Ave.
Wherever you find them, you should probably get a few extra...in case you lose 'em. You should keep some backups in your save-a-dive kit.

Another option would be to get the appropriately sized delrin thumbwheels from Deep Sea Supply.

Thanks for the quick reply and info! I will give Home Depot and/or Hayes Bolt and Supply a try.

Uh, I don't know about Home Depot, but any "real" hardware store should have what you need. What you want is a place that sells bulk hardware. If you are just looking to attach the wing to the plate you might use pan head bolts and sex bolts. That's what I do on my singles set up when I am not using an STA.

Hunter

I found some 5/6" x 1" stainless steel carriage bolts and wing nuts at Home Depot. They fit Halcyon's STA perfectly. The only question now is whether they will stand up to the effect of ocean water. We shall see.

I found some 5/6" x 1" stainless steel carriage bolts and wing nuts at Home Depot. They fit Halcyon's STA perfectly. The only question now is whether they will stand up to the effect of ocean water. We shall see.

If not, shoot me a PM. I've got a bunch of extra H bolts/wing nuts sitting around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom