Where to buy Dive Computer in Singapore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rirarianneke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Before going to the maldives end of October I am visiting Singapore for 3 days.
Since I still need to get myself a new dive comp. I thought this would be a great opportunity to get some good bargains.
Is this true and can somebody give me some adresses I can check out while I'm there?

Thanks

Rirarianneke:
Before going to the maldives end of October I am visiting Singapore for 3 days.
Since I still need to get myself a new dive comp. I thought this would be a great opportunity to get some good bargains.
Is this true and can somebody give me some adresses I can check out while I'm there?

Thanks
Check out Lucky Plaza Shopping Centre Basement 1, its along Orchard Road. In the basement, there are three dive shops next to each other. Price tags are usually marked up significantly so bargaining / asking for discount is the way to go. PM me if you need more info. Cheers.

Yup. I got a good deal on my Stinger there in Blue Wave Sports.

Great; thanks for the advice....
Would you mind sharing the price of the stinger (since this is the one I had in mind?)

doh, just realised jiveturkey already posted about the stinger bought at blue wave.

don't know why I can't delete this message....

Rirarianneke:
Great; thanks for the advice....
Would you mind sharing the price of the stinger (since this is the one I had in mind?)
I think it was $440US. That was 3 years ago though. I just googled them and it seems like the web address is now host to a photography shop. Maybe someone else can provide a link or even tell us if they're still in business.

jiveturkey:
I think it was $440US. That was 3 years ago though. I just googled them and it seems like the web address is now host to a photography shop. Maybe someone else can provide a link or even tell us if they're still in business.
Blue Wave is no longer in the dive shop business. The owners have moved out of town although they still organize the occassional trip for people out of Singapore. They do still have an interest in ScubaCam, though. It's a great place to get video / camera housings but they don't sell computers.

Zippsy:
Blue Wave is no longer in the dive shop business. The owners have moved out of town although they still organize the occassional trip for people out of Singapore. They do still have an interest in ScubaCam, though. It's a great place to get video / camera housings but they don't sell computers.

In that case, I need to ask again....Any good adresses I can check out while i'm in Singapore?

as noted, there are three shops (for the moment) in the basement of Lucky Plaza near the top of Orchard Road. These are small independant equipment only shops. There are three more bigger stores in the Concourse, 5 minutes by taxi from Orchard Road. These are http://web.singnet.com.sg/~rmond/ (my preference), http://www.waikikidive.com/ , and http://www.oceanicasia.com.sg/ . The six places are the most convenient. The zillion other shops are located all over the island.

Rirarianneke:
In that case, I need to ask again....Any good adresses I can check out while i'm in Singapore?

One of the shops located at the Lucky Plaza basement is called "Paris" (the most well-stocked IMHO). I understand from Charlie (owner) that he'll be retiring from the dive shop business in end-Nov 05 and he's trying to clear his merchandise.

I know they carry Suunto there, and since they'll be closing down (which is a terrible shame), you might be able to get a good bargain there. Alternatively, you can also try Oceanic and Waikiki located at The Concourse along Beach Road.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom