Where to buy Bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvleemin

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering where everyone buys bungee cord. Also, what size do you use for things such as lanyards and computer straps?

Do you just buy a regular bungee cord and cut off the hooks?

Thanks,

Darryl

I buy it at home depot. You can buy it on a roll. I am not sure about the actual size, but it is about 3/16th, maybe thinner, of an inch think. I have found that the typical hooked bungee cords are too thick for my liking.

Hi James,
I actually went to HD yesterday looking for it. I was hoping they had it on a role like you said, but they didn't.

Hmm, maybe I'll try another HD, or a Revy.

Anybody from Canada find it anywhere?

Darryl

Do you have an REI store nearby? (http://www.rei.com/). They have a lot of different size bungee for climbing and hiking equipment. In addition, at least the local store has even more sizes available in the repair department in case you can't find the size you want on the sales floor.

Roak

Originally posted by roakey
Do you have an REI store nearby? (http://www.rei.com/). They have a lot of different size bungee for climbing and hiking equipment. In addition, at least the local store has even more sizes available in the repair department in case you can't find the size you want on the sales floor.

Roak

It looks like REI is US only. However, I do know there is a couple of climbing type stores in Edmonton, so I'll try those.

Thanks,

Darryl

www.reefscuba.com for not only enough bungee cord to make GI3 quiver, but all sorts of hardware as well... reasonably priced too!

dv:

You asked about Canadian Stores. Canadian Tire has it by the roll in bulk. I've never seen it up here in HD stores. Hope this helps.

earlj

Originally posted by earlj
dv:

You asked about Canadian Stores. Canadian Tire has it by the roll in bulk. I've never seen it up here in HD stores. Hope this helps.

earlj

Great. Hadn't checked CT yet. What size do you use?

Darryl

I use a small white/pink/blue cord (fro Lowes) that I thread through 1/4 Latex bungee. The tensioner and the latex I get from www.ReefScuba.com . I keep at ten foot of the 3/16 and 1/4 inch on hand as well as thie small bungee cord which makes great retainers for the end of your lights. The light gets clipped off to the D-Ring and the small piece of cord tied around my harness strap keeps the lens portion flat up to my body... no danglies on me!

Back
Top Bottom