Where to buy BP/Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo wrote...
Thanks to Halcyon's "Fair Trade Pricing" policy, Halcyon wings will pretty much cost you the same regardless of where you buy them. The best you can hope for is free shipping, and Lloyd Bailey's is the only one I know of offering that, short of buying in person at a LDS.
Glad to see that Lloyd's found a way to continue offering a discount, even if he had to cave in to pressure on gear pricing minimums.

detroit diver once bubbled...

I'm not Northeast Scuba, but I'm guessing that you get:

SS BP w/ harness and hardware
27 lb wing w/ built-in STA

FYI, I prefer a seperate STA, but that's my opinion.

excuse my ignorance Detroit Diver (btw, I'm from Cleveland, living in ATL) but was is a STA??

for a DIR-curious, BP&W trial dude, I'm really eating this stuff up.

I've seen all the others mentioned here (and elsewhere) but never that one.

Very cool.

K

detroit diver once bubbled...

I'm not Northeast Scuba, but I'm guessing that you get:

SS BP w/ harness and hardware
27 lb wing w/ built-in STA

FYI, I prefer a seperate STA, but that's my opinion.

excuse my ignorance Detroit Diver (btw, I'm from Cleveland, living in ATL) but was is a STA??

chforte once bubbled...

Single Tank Adapter. Bolts to a bp and allows you to use a single tank.

MD

Thanks MechDiver. I was away for a while.

I like the separate STA better because I think it makes the tanks more stable when everything is attached. It also gives you a little weight near the BP.

I haven't used the integrated wing, but more than one person has mentioned the stability issue. Mine is rock solid.

drizzt117 once bubbled...
The problem with Halcyon products is that Halcyon engages in price fixing like all the rest (they call it something else). I might look on E-Bay to get the wing.

With all due respect, Halcyon's publication of their so-called "fair trade pricing" isn't price fixing under U.S law.

Do you have any evidence of unlawful price maintenance?

Just curious.

To answer the question, I've seen FredT's plates. They are very nice.

One of the things that I really like about Halcyon's plate, on the other hand, is that it comes with the lift bag pocket. This pocket bolts to the plate and also provides a little bit of padding for your back.

I don't know if you can buy the pocket separtely from Halcyon's plate. If you can, I have not doubt that FredT's plate is either drilled for it or that he can do it for you.

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

I don't know if you can buy the pocket separtely from Halcyon's plate. If you can, I have not doubt that FredT's plate is either drilled for it or that he can do it for you.

You can buy the pocket seperately I believe it is called "MC storage pak"... a little pricey. Sometimes they are sold cheaper on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom