Where to buy a used Oly C-7070??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ejg62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know where I can find/bid/purchase a used Olympus C-7070 camera?

I have the C-5060 and would like to upgrade to a 7.1mp. The 5060 and 7070 have the same body so I can use my current housings. I have searched, but the only place is EBay. The prices are frequetly bid to around $500 and I was looking for some thing lower. I can buy a new camera for that amount.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

jim,
if you find a good second hand 7070 let me know, i just flooded my 5060 and wanna pick up a 7070 also. hey, 500 bucks isn't that bad. i actually found a new one for just under 800!!!
good luck
Jeremy

I just got one from ebay. Paid $500 for a used. Several sold last week for $550-575. There are several for sale now.

Jim

While its nice to be able to use the same housing... You can buy dSLRs new for under $500 nowadays.

I flooded my C5060 last month and haven't replaced it because used C5060s were going for better than $400 on ebay. Thats ridiculous considering I bought a brand new, warrantied E1 for $480ish. I'm not willing to pay that kind of price for a camera that is FAR inferior.

Actually I did not buy the C-7070 soley because it fit my housing. I looked at several camera's including the SP-350, SP-510, A710IS, S3 and the new G7, in addition to the Rebel XT, E300 and E330. The reviews of the Olympus cameras were not good (sub-par picture quality, sluggish performance, etc). I liked the canon cameras. However, the only difference was pixels (G7) and IS (A710IS). The cost to but the A710a and housing would have been the same as a 7070 while the G7 would have been more. The S3 would require an Ikelite housing at $750.

With the dSLR's - the camera cost would have been slightly more (+$100-200), but the housings are $1,400. That is substantially more than I wanted to spend. I have compared amature photos taken with dSLR's and sophisticated P&S, personnaly I do not see much of a difference (underwater) to justify the added costs.

Therefore I decided to go with the C-7070 so I can use the same equipment that I have already purchased.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom