Where to buy a DUI Drysuit Zipper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeplove

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Would anyone have a source where I could purchase a new zipper at a low cost? The shops have it for about $125. I am going to install it myself and save a couple hundred dollars.
Thanks.

$125 for a naked zipper sounds like a fair price.

Would anyone have a source where I could purchase a new zipper at a low cost? The shops have it for about $125. I am going to install it myself and save a couple hundred dollars.
Thanks.

I agree with Spectrum. $125 for a zipper is fair. Do you have the expertise to install a waterproof zipper in your suit? If you do, that will save you. If you are questionable about it, call IVS (Indian Valley Scuba) and see what the cost is to have them install it. Talk to John (JGLO) and he will give you a very fair price for installation and do the highest quality work. He did my DUI CF200. Good luck

Safe diving to you

Yes $125 might be a good price.

There are some great posts on the DIY forum. I personally one of the authors.. I will get a zipper and do it.

THank you.

125 is a good price for a new zipper.

DRIS sells traditional brass YKK zippers for 129.99 with free shipping. They also have great customer service.
YKK Drysuit Zippers - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Another option that you might want to consider in lieu of a traditional zipper is the new TiZip plastic zipper. They're around 109.99 from DRIS with free shipping.
TIZIP Masterseal Drysuit Zipper - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I just had one retrofitted on my drysuit and so far i'm very happy with it. Time will tell if it's more durable or less durable than traditional drysuit zippers. A lot of drysuit manufacturers Santi, Bare, (even DUI is field testing them) are switching to these types of zippers or at least making them an option on new suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom