Where on shoulder of your drysuit is the dump valve located?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmblack58

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The shoulder dump valve on my Bare drysuit appears to have been mismounted. It's on the left arm on the inside of the bicep so that when your in good trim the valve actually faces the bottom.

If you look at pics of the Bare XCD2, the valve appears to be positioned on the far side of the reflective patch. Mine for some reason has the valve positioned on the inside of the reflective patch. This makes it almost impossible to vent are from the suit.

I'm going to be sending it out to Bare so they can correct it but I'd like to send it out with a circle showing where I'd like them to remount the dump valve.

My question is where on the shoulder/arm is your dump valve located? Is it closer to the pointy part of bone on your shoulder or is it closer to your elbow? Where is it laterally on the arm, is it closer to the bicep or the tricep side of the arm?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, David

PS - Now for all you funny guys and girls please don't answer on the shoulder.

Mines on the left arm slightly on the high part of the outside of my bicep.
Works like a charm!
but I've seen some mounted a little lower toward the elbow they also seem to work great.
Good luck,
Milo

When I ordered my suit I had them place it mire to the bicep so when I am horizontal with my arms in front me it is at the high spot of my arm. The stock location is slightly more to the tircep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom