• back mounted to my primary tank

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • i sling it

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • i dont carry a pony

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...well, I'm planning to dive my Catalina AL 30 in North Carolina July 4th weekend, I've not dove it yet, although I've assembled/rigged all my gear........I decided to mount it upside-down on my left side, the AL 30 is shorter than an Luxfer AL30, so the tank valve doesn't smack the ground, and the 30 cu. ft. capacity seemed like a good compromise between bulk/weight and sufficient capacity to make a difference in a crisis.

Karl

pony 13 mounted vertically up front, on left side between waist and chest. spg and reg hoses coiled and clipped onto lower right dring. works like a champ!

i sling my 40 when i need it .

On the floor in my garage. I rarely have a need for a pony.

I use it to charge my Deco Reg during cleaning & freshwater soak. . .

My 19 cu ft is mounted to my primary tank. When I carry a 30 cu ft on very deep air dives, it is slung.

my 13 is mounted right side up, turned on, filled with air, without a pressure guage that I can read underwater and firmly strapped to the right side of my main tank. It's my most reliable dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom