Solved: Where is the Pub?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've evidently lost the ability to tell what is 'on topic' and what is not, and keep having posts deleted. I'm ready to strap on my boxing gloves and see how many rounds I can make it in The Pub! How do I get there?
Lol...banning is a badge of courage..like diving till your spg says ooops!

As has been pointed out to others who have ventured into the Dark Side, I encourage you to strap on a pair, cinch them up tight, and take a giant step.

Some come to observe and some to participate. The choice is yours.

And there are multiple topics upon which to lend your thoughts, opinions, and ideals, so you can pick and choose.

It’s like a giant roller coaster, once you top the first hill, it’s a fast ride with lots of changes of direction.

Have fun and welcome aboard!

Since we're in Site Support, let me explain this a bit better. Our major source of traffic is Google and other search engines. When there is a specific topic, like travel restrictions due to Covid, it's important that we keep the thread readable.

I get it. I wouldn't want your (or the other mods) job. SB can be a harsh environment outside of The Pub (saying that, having never been before) - we don't want to scare anyone off who might be casually perusing threads. I really do understand.

I get it. I wouldn't want your (or the other mods) job. SB can be a harsh environment outside of The Pub (saying that, having never been before) - we don't want to scare anyone off who might be casually perusing threads. I really do understand.
17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg

Small revision of your statement.

I get it. I wouldn't want your (or the other mods) job. SB can be a harsh environment INside of The Pub (saying that, having never been before) - we don't want to scare anyone off who might be casually perusing threads. I really do understand.

The Pub is our harsh environment. :D

For those looking into our reason for this madness. ScubaBoard has "zones":

Instructional (Green) zones are always kept on topic and very friendly. Mods are more apt to react without a report to keep it so.
Discussion zones are also kept on topic with a bit more discretion. Posts should be respectful and mods normally wait for a report to react. This allows the community to set the standards.
Destination zones are pretty much the same although we allow a bit more friendly banter.
Non-Scuba zones are not seen by Google or other search engines, so we allow a lot more latitude.
The Pub, where off topic is on topic is the 'dark side' of ScubaBoard. A few mods refuse to even go in there. There are still rules: threats and bigotry are still never allowed.​

We see this particular thread as being incredibly important for everyone. Political commentary and banter was removed outright. We did leave some non-Cozumel information to stand as it was good to contrast to how Coz compared to other places. It's often a fine line between overly staunch and promoting free discussion. To strict or too lenient and we become irrelevant. We get that some want to discuss politics and that's why we have the Pub. Go knock yourselves out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom