Solved: Where is the Pub?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimela

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
THIS IS NOT THE PUB!!!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Posts about travel restrictions are allowed.
Political commentary is allowed only in the Pub.
Those who continue to post off topic will not be able to continue to post in this thread.

I've evidently lost the ability to tell what is 'on topic' and what is not, and keep having posts deleted. I'm ready to strap on my boxing gloves and see how many rounds I can make it in The Pub! How do I get there?

Reactions: OTF
Pub is a waste of time for me. If you have that time to kill and get muddy, then jump into it. The link, provided in @The Chairman quote below, will get you to the Pub.

A couple of links:
You can join the Pub Regulars here: User Groups
More help: New to ScubaBoard and xenForo? Here's The Chairman's user guide...
What is considered "off-topic" varies from sub-forum to sub-forum. It's very strict in the instructional (Green) forums and almost non-existent in the Pub, where off-topic is on-topic. An off-topic post might be left if it doesn't derail a thread while a partially on-topic thread might be removed because it does. Sometimes, if the off-shoot discussion has merit, it might even be split off to its own thread.

Since we're in Site Support, let me explain this a bit better. Our major source of traffic is Google and other search engines. When there is a specific topic, like travel restrictions due to Covid, it's important that we keep the thread readable. All the political back and fourth as well as a few bicker battles really ruins the efficacy of a thread like that. that was the fourth time we had to go in there and clean things up and three of those were me. I was time to put the screws down. A few peeps have lost privileges in that thread and about half the posts were deleted.

I went to the Pub & knocked my self out of the Pub after one round. :wink:
Same here - checked it out once out of curiosity and left without participating.:)

I went to the Pub & knocked my self out of the Pub after one round. :wink:
We liked you....

Back
Top Bottom